Anyone in the SEA/Bellevue area willing to do inspection? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nolamule

SILVER Star
Threads
I need to act fast!

If willing to help, please PM me or call me at 504-909-9817. I would really appreciate it and be willing to compensate your for your time.

Last edited:
I live in Redmond, WA. And I think Torfab is fantastic. The only issue you will run in with is they are under a lot of demand. AKA they most likely have a few weeks wait on inspections and or any service. They did when I was in the market a while ago. But you can always call and ask them; they are very nice!

if this was something you could swing by my work or something with it or after 5 pm some night to the Redmond area I would easily crawl around with you and check some things out.

I wish I could be more flexible and help you out more but I work 9-5 and my dog just came out of surgery this week...so schedules are tight. If you can swing something like I mentioned I can help you look over everything and discuss any flaws and or positives the rig has. Is this private sale rig or is this from a dealer? I keep an eye on the market for a second one all the time ( more like a dream not reality of owning 2 LOL) but I may already be familiar with the rig your talking about.

Cheers
-Joseph

Thanks guys, a fellow MUD'er (ROCK40) is taking a look today, fingers crossed.

I know Portland is about 3 hours away, but LandCruiser NW does a "New Cruiser" Inspection, with compression test for $125. They do a very thorough job and are great guys. Ask for Tony or Matt.

ROCK40 did an amazing job yesterday. The exterior of the truck is a little rougher than I would like but I may sit on it for a couple days and then make an offer. Being so far away (in New Orleans) shipping has to be considered. I am having a hell of a time finding ANY 80 locally. Thanks again everyone!

You're welcome, anytime :cheers:

Just saw one in washington at Bellevue Honda pop up. 1997 blue/silver. 187k miles and 3x lockers. They are asking 8.7k prob could talk it down. The interior and exterior look good but mechanical/ engine bay remains to be seen. Check there website it's up on there.

Just saw one in washington at Bellevue Honda pop up. 1997 blue/silver. 187k miles and 3x lockers. They are asking 8.7k prob could talk it down. The interior and exterior look good but mechanical/ engine bay remains to be seen. Check there website it's up on there.

This is the one Rock40 inspected yesterday. He has a ton of good photos and notes. I LOVE the color combo!

This is the one Rock40 inspected yesterday. He has a ton of good photos and notes. I LOVE the color combo!

ah okay! just noticed it a few days ago on craigslist. seems like it will be a great buy for someone. ( if it is in good shape) I have a what I call * forest service green* 96 3x locked. and damn would I kill to have a lighter color...First the sun kills you in dark colors...second it shows every damn scratch from the trail. If I bought another it would be white or a color similar to that!

you think ur gonna go for that one? do the lockers work? keep us posted on what ya do!

I am going to pass on this one. To rough for the distance b/t us. Rock40 got the front lock to engage but the rear wouldn't.

I am in no hurry to buy an 80 and am willing to pay-up some to get one that is extra cleen. My kids are too young now to get a project but I have no issue taking care of issues as they come up.

I am going to pass on this one. To rough for the distance b/t us. Rock40 got the front lock to engage but the rear wouldn't.

I am in no hurry to buy an 80 and am willing to pay-up some to get one that is extra cleen. My kids are too young now to get a project but I have no issue taking care of issues as they come up.

That's awesome man! every month or so a clean one pops up somewhere in the US. I was in your same situation and almost at my wits end. Then right in Bellevue at a different dealer a green 96 popped up 3x locked with 160k miles for 8k. Went and checked it out the dealer had no idea what it was; or what it was worth if you know what I mean. Found out the head gasket had been done and receipts for the work were in the glove box. Turns out it belonged to a local family as a nanny mobile. All service done at Bellevue Lexus. My dad worked as a parts manager for over 30 years with Toyota and just so happened to know the parts manager there. He gave us a list of work that they had performed on it...and man it was awesome!

Ended up walking away at 7.5k purchase price and a great rig. s*** pops up...its now only 120 miles off 200k but you know; its the age of the vehicle you just gotta nip it in the butt as it comes and they stay so amazing.

Hey if I see one in WA looking great I will shoot you a link; I always browse them even though I'm not in the market for one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom