Anyone in North Jersey area who could help with front disk conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to convert my 1970 fj40 to disk brakes. I feel it is a worth while change. I am about to purchase a solid knuckles out brake setup from an fj60 to do the conversion. I am pretty handy but have never worked on brakes before and am not comfortable doing it completely on my own. However, I'd prefer not to bring it to a shop to get done as much of the labor is stuff i could do with some guidance. Is there anyone in the North Jersey (bergen county) area that would be willing to take a few hours and help make sure this gets done correctly.

Jim

anyone? bump. i don't mind paying a fair amount for your efforts.

I haven't driven the truck in 5 years. so I have to re-tune everything anyway b/c right now they dont work at all. When they did work, no matter how often the were adjusted, they pulled pretty bad.

More then anything though, we are likely going to put the car at my parents vacation home. The others in my family are not as familiar with the car and definitely won't know what to do with it. So I just like to make it as maintenance free is possible or at least make bringing it to the shop for a tune up a safe endeavor.

If you have any thoughts they are appreciated.

Jim

the truck in no longer stock so that is not a concern

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the weather to warm up to do mine also.

You wouldn't happen to have the SST knuckle tool I could borrow would you?
Im in Morris Cty.

I'm actually wondering where i could get my hands on one too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom