Anyone in Europe have an EWD for rear fogs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title says. I am looking for an EWD for a European or UK spec 80 with rear fog lamps. With winter coming on in the southern hemisphere I have decided to sort out a set of fog lamps front and rear.

It would be great if anyone can help with a wiring diagram for the factory set up with regard to colours of wires and their routing etc., as I recon most of the wiring may already be in the existing loom, like the rear cargo light for example.

I have ordered a couple of OEM switches from Mot and it seems a shame to have such nice switches with dodgey wiring:)

Any help would be much appreciated.

There are no links or documents in the posts!

Thanks Shane,

There don't seem to be any attatchments to your posts on the Offroad 80's forum, or am I doing something stupid?

I have the FSM for mine, and the '93 suppliment but I don't think the EWDs at the back mention the rear fogs as they are not Oz spec.

Am I correct in thinking that the EWD section at the end of the Chassis/body manual are not as comprehensive as the EWD manual which also has diagrams showing the location of joiners, ground points etc.

What I am trying to establish is how much of the unused wiring in my hose out model may be for stuff from the GXL/Sahara, and how much, if any, is from a common worldwide loom which may include some wiring for a rear fog lamp setup.

Last edited:
Sorry everyone. I'll take most of that last post back.

I assumed that because my manual was for an Oz spec vehicle, it wouldn't cover the rear fog lamp circuit, and I didn't look carefully enough. It does in fact.

Shane, thanks for prompting me to look again, and look properly!!

My US spec 80s both wear a Hella metal pendant rear fog. They've got a collective 250,000 miles on them and still work fine. They're protected but swivel if hit. Might be the Model 50? Anyhow, if you choose this strategy vs cutting holes in the rear tailgate ignore the plastic one and get this metal/thick hard red lense model as its durable.

DougM

Good suggestion Doug. I have already decided that the Hella pendant job is the one I'm after. I thought I would recess it into the driver side bumperette, I really don't like the idea of hacking into the back door!

Scott,

Not sure if you're still awake :hillbilly: but here is the pic I had promised.

Hope this is it and it helps.

If not, let me know what else I can dig up!

GOOD LUCK!!

Mot

EWDb.jpg
EWDbb.jpg
EWDbbb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom