Anyone in Burbank want to help me figure out why my 80' FJ62 Cruiser won't start? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm pretty sure it's a fuel delivery issue. Going to troubleshoot it today. Unfortunately I can't find my multimeter anywhere which will make this difficult...

I've replaced the fuel pressure regulator, there doesn't seem to be any fuel leaking from the pulsation damper, starter sounds fine and is only a few years old. Spark plugs about a year and a half old.

Going to try and force the fuel pump to run via the diagnostic ports...

Going to do some testing today but would love another set of hands / extra brain. If anyone is in the Burbank area and looking for a challenge, lemme know!

Not surprised no one wanted to sacrifice a Saturday to fumble on a no-start 3FE in the blazing sun :-D

Was able to force the fuel pump to run via the diagnostic port and a piece of wire connecting the "FP" and "B+" - the Cruiser will start while the fuel pump is running and it'll immediately die when I remove the jump wire. Methinks Circuit Opening Relay. Ran out of daylight so I'll go about testing it tomorrow. Will definitely need to go get a multimeter to accomplish that - if it's dead, looks like there is one on rock auto for $31 and change.

What year is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom