Anyone here put an Ostrich Wing or Fox Wing type awning on their 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Luke111 has one as well. They are awesome but what they aren't showing you in those pictures is you still have to run guidewires and stakes. It is not free standing unless it is a totally calm day.

I don't have any awning...or roof rack...but in a huge fan of the Foxwing design. It's compact, easy to setup, sturdy and just a well thought out unit.

Just my observation not owning either.. Foxwing, once tied down looks very sturdy. I didn't see any support. On the Ostrich on their web site the arms look very beefy and they claim not to need tie downs. My vote still would be for the Foxwing...

I have a foxwing, check my Grocery getter thread, i broke mine.. and have kind of fixed it.. but i do like it aside from the cast Aluminum peices

I've had a drivers side mounted Fox Wing for 3 years and its a solid awning.. its been deployed in winds 15-20 mph with no issues... I bought a passenger side for my trailer which i just sold... so it's now mounted on the 80 and will deploy around the front of the truck and kiss up against the drivers side awning. I also have 1 extension piece that zips in and extends another 8-10 feet....

You must respect the wind during setup... and make sure you have help until it's staked down. mderrick's cast piece broke because he didn't have it staked down and the wind will pick it up.. First time I deployed my ARB awning I made the same mistake....set it up and about a second later the wind flipped it over the truck and snapped a pole attachment..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom