Anyone here in the market for a mildly built 40?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone here in the market for a (my) mildly built 40?

Puting a feeler out to see if anyone locally is in the market. Some things have come up and I may have to sell the 40 to generate some cash. Probably looking in the $10k range. If you might be interested LMK and I can send ya some pics and specs.

1969 FJ40
Small Block 350
SM465
3spd T-case
4.11's with front and rear ARB lockers
4 wheel discs
Saginaw PS
Approx 6" lift with 35" MTR's and black steelies
10k lb Warn winch

If you know the rig... you know it. If you don't and need more q's answered, please ask.

image_003x.jpg

upperajax023SM.jpg

She's used good that's for sure, but she get's me there every time. I really don't want to do this but I've kinda gotta throw it out there for club members first.

MAKE OFFER

Last edited:
YEEEAAAAAHHHH RIGHT!!! Get rid of your only running working toy, and keep all the other stuff sittin around? C'mon man, snap out of it! You can't sell your 40. Don't you remember the 18 hard months of searching....finding her..buying her...falling in love.....

Some one in the club should buy it so that you can buy it back later..if things permit...that is if you really have to get rid of it in the first place. I have been begging the wife but have been hitting a wall with that.

RUSH55 said:
YEEEAAAAAHHHH RIGHT!!! Get rid of your only running working toy, and keep all the other stuff sittin around? C'mon man, snap out of it! You can't sell your 40. Don't you remember the 18 hard months of searching....finding her..buying her...falling in love.....

Ya miss the part where I said "don't really wanna do this but..."? I'm about 1/2 a c-hair away from a pickle I ain't lookin forward to bein in. I'd much rather off the Tacoma but then I stuck with only one runner that we can put the kids in.

Up again...

You knocked her up again?
Tie a knot in it already. A vasectomy is like $500.

I wish it was that easy. I'm simply at a point where my priorities in life need to change and the 40 ain't way up there on the list. Likely to be liquidating most of the vehicles.

Keep an eye here as I'll likely be posting up a BUNCH more stuff for local purchase before I send it to the big board or elsewhere.

Say it aint so, say it aint so.

Naaaaa..... do what you gotta do, man.

Not a day goes by that I don't ponder parting with the 40.

The continual upgrades or repairs mostly keep it in the non-driving state anyway.

Besides, how often do I crawl? I have kids now and really only need a camping vehicle.

Life changes. I guess we all have to change with it.

I just hope no one's sick or anything like that. Or that your job isn't in jeopardy.
Tell us you're just trying to boost the college funds or something mundane like that.

I wish it was that easy. I'm simply at a point where my priorities in life need to change and the 40 ain't way up there on the list. Likely to be liquidating most of the vehicles.

Keep an eye here as I'll likely be posting up a BUNCH more stuff for local purchase before I send it to the big board or elsewhere.

Hmmmm...dibs on the 62 hiding in the corner of your garage. If I can swing it, that is.

My neighbor wants to get a 40, I'll let him know, but he's probably in the same pickle as the rest of us.

Thanks guys. Everyone's healthy.

Alvin,

I'll shoot ya a PM.

Splitshot, thanks. Let me know if your neighbor wants to talk.

Hey Brandon,

I didn't see any mention in the description about the "driver's seat ejection system".

You may want to add that if it is still included. :D

I hope all is well and good luck.

Hey Brandon,

I didn't see any mention in the description about the "driver's seat ejection system".
LOL poor guy is never going to live that one down..

LOL poor guy is never going to live that one down..

Rightfully so. That was one of the stupidest things I coulda ever done. If the ribbing from my boys here and on the trail reminds someone else to buckle up and keeps them safe. I'll take all the punishment ever dealt my way over that incedent. I'm just glad your old man wasn't still riding gun when that happened cause he'd have ended up in my lap.

I'm just glad your old man wasn't still riding gun when that happened cause he'd have ended up in my lap.
Let the fxxxen nightmares begin!!!! *Shutters*

Last edited:
I talked to my neighbor, said his pickle has been squeezed dry...

I'll keep checking..

Hopefully something promising comes up and things change for the better.

ejector seat is still in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom