1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here in Colorado?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Cruiserhead05, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05 SILVER Star

I need some help. I'm looking to possible buy an fj80 in colorado so my bro can drive it home to Virginia. I was wondering if any of you guess in colorado might be able to keep an eye out for a nice 93-97 80 series with under 165k miles and with diff lock. I am looking to spend no more than say 10k. i've looked all over the internet but i know there are alot locally that i will never see. Also it be able to be driven home until may but i have family in grand junction that can store it if we need to. Thanks alot.

2. MoJ

MoJ Moderator

I was in Vail last Tuesday through Thursday and saw a few 80's advertised in the Vail paper. Vail is about 2.5 hours from Grand Junction. You could also fly directly into the Eagle/Vail airport to pick it up. Have you tried searching on autotrader or cars.com for that area?

BTW - this topic may be more suited for the vehicles wanted section, you may get more responses there. ;) However, I'm gonna go out on a limb and keep discussing it because......

I just bought a second cruiser yesterday, flew to St. Louis to pick it up. (94/F&R lockers/97k miles/pretty damn clean & very obviously never off-road). It really wasn't that hard to find if you're willing to travel. Also - there's a guy in Ft. Lauderdale with several very cherry FZJ80's advertised on Autotrader. A few with less than 20k miles. I stopped at his lot while there on business. He mainly does Florida driven 80's & 4-Runners.

3. Bradass80

Bradass80

Go to www.colorado4x4.org, in the 4x4 for sale section there is a guy selling two 80s, I think one is a 93 and one a 94, both were stock, also there is a real nice green 94 for sale in Loveland, w/o lockers though, i'll keep my eyes open for more, Brad.

4. Cruiserhead05

Thanks alot guys. also if you know anyone interested in a lifte 1982 fj40 with low miles let me know. i need to sell me 40 too. thanks

5. Cruiserhead05

I am currently looking at a 93 in grand junction. Is anyone close to grand junction and that would be willing to check out an 80 for me thanks

6. hpantier

hpantier

I saw on on ~ 28th and Valmont in Boulder last week - 92 i believe - maroon - cloth - i peered in the window and the odometer said 85k - i didn't call about it but it might be worht looking into. - i think the window read $8400.00