AltFuel Anyone heard of Syntroleum? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
100% petroleum free, synthetic diesel and jet fuels. Syntroleum has partnered with Tyson Foods and are building a plant in Louisiana called Dynamic Fuels.

Welcome to Syntroleum

DynamicFuels_3.0 this is the Dynamic Fuels website

The plant should be online by June 5th. This fuel does not need to be blended and can be used in sub freezing temps. I have heard that this fuel can even be ingested without injury.

Pretty cool stuff and a little off the radar. Thought I'd throw this up though for anyone who's interested. I am going to take a tour of the Dynamic Fuels plant this weekend, as I am invested in this company through stock. Would love to put this stuff in my diesel tanks.

Very Very impressive plant.

they eliminate the need to blend a refined feedstock with a petroleum source by modifying the structure of the carbon chain from the fat molecules. Can use yellow grease, beef tarrow, chicken fat, algae oil, WVO, you name it and it can be refined through their processes straight down to a fully ultra clean synthetic diesel. No need to blend this with diesel for a "bio-blend".

The products they are getting out are diesel, LPG, Naphtha and fuel gas.

Cetane rating between 70 and 80. Cold flow properties down to -70 and lower Celsius.

I'm sure there are other companies out there doing something similar or exactly the same. I've just been following these guys for a while because they are leading the pack here in the US.

That looks pretty awesome. I've done some research on algae biodiesel and have never heard of this. Excellent!

Sounds interesting. I work for a company that produces syngas from its gasification process, and we are powering a GE-Yenbacher engine with it to create electricty. I just need to have my own biomass plant in the back of my rig to make it mobile :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom