Anyone heard of Real Steel Cruiser Parts? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
They are located in weatherford, TX and there prices seem very reasonable. I couldn't find a website but they have alot of parts for sale on ebay.

Anyone heard of them?

I've seen the same ads as you. I don't know what the quality of their parts is.

BUT most of the time you get what you pay for. I noticed a quote on their site that the fit of their panels is "almost exact" this does lend to a bit of interpretation. Saving 50 bucks on something that takes more time to fit can wind up costing you alot more time and money.

I've fitted older firebird 1/4 panels (many years ago good repros weren't available) and they took so much time to fit, consequently you wound up with a panel that required more bondo and finishing time. Overall, the car was not show worthy.

This said, You need to consider what you want. A trail rig is a beater as it will get abused and exact fit is not really important.

Also these LC panels are essentially flat metal with a few bends. If you have the time patience and skill to hell with these guys and make your own.

Measure twice cut once!!

Ihope to get some feedback on these guys as well. Good luck. Ken

CCOT panels are NOT oem and will require some work to get them to fit.

Where are good quality steel LC repro avalible?

I've used the CCOT floor boards and they were real close to the original panels without the tranny opening lip.
I would use them again but they were pricey.($240 for both sides)

Do you have a link for Real Steel Cruiser Parts?

Kevin

CanadaCruisers.com

I used a quarter panel and sill complete, awesome quality fit and finish.

I installed a CCOT rear sill and the fit was great, came with good primer. In hindsight tho, I would have followed my first instinct to use 2" angle iron and make my own curved sections. The replacement sill will have the same mud holding capacity as the stock...guess I'll worry about it in another 30 years!

Greetings! My name is Tony with Real Steel Cruiser Parts. I hope it is OK for me to respond to your comments here. If you will check the responces by our EBay customers, I think they will answer any questions as to the quality of our parts. We really try to produce a quality product and a happy customer. Take a look - www.stores.ebay.com/realsteelcruiserparts

Real Steel CP said:
Greetings! My name is Tony with Real Steel Cruiser Parts. I hope it is OK for me to respond to your comments here. If you will check the responces by our EBay customers, I think they will answer any questions as to the quality of our parts. We really try to produce a quality product and a happy customer. Take a look - www.stores.ebay.com/realsteelcruiserparts

Do you have rear corner sections for a 79 in stock?

I am in Dallas as well.......

I cut the body off and am replacing it with Aqualu tub and fenders. CCOT is in Rockwall, and Real Steel is in Weatherford. By the time I got all the steel parts and tacked it together, then finish welding, etc. the price would be way over $3k. Aqualu tub is less than $2k. I like the squared hump too.

I called this morning about panels, on the ebay add it shows 24 available, but I was told the wait for these panels is 3 to 4 weeks.

So I guess there are none available.

Any quicker source for steel panels other than Canada Cruisers, thier panels are not to factory spec and we are looking to stay close to factory.

Rob

You will HATE the sqaured hump once you start driving it. THere simply isn't enough room to get a comfortable position on the skinny pedal. I have been thinking of how to cut/reverse/reweld that corner of the hump to give me more room. Note: my tub is a gen 1 from about 11 or 12 years ago - things may have gotten better.

Why not use an original hump with your Aqualu. It does take a little bit of love to make it fit...But it looks much better. IMHO:smokin:
DSC00314.JPG
DSC00370.JPG

Real Steel CP said:

Is this really your first post on MUD? I know I've seen your banner for a good month or so now. Well, welcome to the 40 section and thanks for supporting your product with a timely response. Someone who is easy to get ahold of on the forum and actually supports the site/community while promoting their product here goes a long way in my book. Look forward to hearing more from ya.

Jeremy

That looks nice. I think I have an original hunp in the parts barrels somewhere. I will give it a shot. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom