Anyone heard of PPD exhaust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, long-time lurker here but new to the 100 Series! I had a 2005 4Runner but ended up selling it for a Wrangler (big mistake). Found a blue 2000 Hundy and am in the process of finishing up the deal! Go easy on me as I'm new here haha

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone heard of PPD exhaust from Australia? I've been researching exhaust systems because that's definitely one thing that'll have to be replaced once I buy it as it has a cheap aftermarket aluminized system on it which still functions but looks like it's going to fall off any day now.

Is there any reason why the RHD vehicle catback wouldn't fit a LHD? I know headers and things forward of the cats might be different, but from what it looks like, it exits on the same side as our trucks do.

I've heard mixed reviews on Borla in terms of noise and how low it hangs, and the Doug Thorley system might be almost too loud for my taste, even though I'd like a little V8 rumble.

Thanks!

Nick

Hello, I am also interested in importing a PPD exhaust to the US to put on my Lx470. I was wondering if you ever found more information on it? I am only able to find one static sound clip on YouTube. Looks like it’ll be around $800-$900 to my door. Thanks in advance.

I'm in Australia and I've got one on my UZJ100.
For the price, I cant fault it. Sounds great too. No issues with it hanging too low etc.
I did use new OEM gaskets between the Cats and the PPD system though

For the price, I cant fault it. Sounds great too. No issues with it hanging too low etc.
Thanks for the reply. I’m looking for a no drone system that has a deep tone with no rasp. I prefer something on the lower side of the volume scale. Do you think this would satisfy those wants?

The other alternative would be to replace the factory muffler with something that flows a bit better and leave the resonator in place.

Thanks for the reply. I’m looking for a no drone system that has a deep tone with no rasp. I prefer something on the lower side of the volume scale. Do you think this would satisfy those wants?

The other alternative would be to replace the factory muffler with something that flows a bit better and leave the resonator in place.
Yep - I've done 70k of touring around Australia in it within the last few years and have no complaints with drone or unbearable noise

I've had a PPD exhaust on my LX for over a year now.
Really impressed with the sound, no drone. Nice thumpy sound under load. Even the wifey was impressed and loves the sound.

Fitment was super easy too.

super interesting i cant find videos anywhere though :(

This is super interesting! Just thinking out loud. But isn't PPD an Australian D.B.A. for Magnaflow? I cannot seem to confirm this but the parts seem oddly similar. Would save a TON on shipping if this is the case. They no longer list it for Landcruiser, but still have it for 4runner, GX, Sequoia, and Tundra with 2UZ on the site but digging through some eBay searches there are some. Magnaflow does however, offer a OEM replacement exhaust on this site as side note. Might be worth contacting. They may have some collecting dust in the warehouse. Similar in pricing and sound.

Here you go, just recorded this for you.

If you want any other vids or pics, let me know.

Oh wow that sounds great on throttle and seems like it wouldnt drone. Im definitely putting this on my list of things to buy.

This is super interesting! Just thinking out loud. But isn't PPD an Australian D.B.A. for Magnaflow? I cannot seem to confirm this but the parts seem oddly similar. Would save a TON on shipping if this is the case. They no longer list it for Landcruiser, but still have it for 4runner, GX, Sequoia, and Tundra with 2UZ on the site but digging through some eBay searches there are some. Magnaflow does however, offer a OEM replacement exhaust on this site as side note. Might be worth contacting. They may have some collecting dust in the warehouse. Similar in pricing and sound.

It does sound the same hmmmm

PPD is definitely not the same as Magnaflow :D

According to the product description The exhaust tubing is 2.5 into 3” - (stock exhaust is 2.25)

If you’re running 2.5” long tube headers this is a good match- but connected to the crappy OEM straight log short headers, you’ll more than likely loose low end and mid range performance-

But if you run wot everywhere then you might be fine-

I've had a PPD exhaust on my LX for over a year now.
Really impressed with the sound, no drone. Nice thumpy sound under load. Even the wifey was impressed and loves the sound.

Fitment was super easy too.

Does it follow the factory route?
I have a long range tank installed.
Apart from the sound, adid you get any other benefit from the cat back system?

Does it follow the factory route?
I have a long range tank installed.
Apart from the sound, adid you get any other benefit from the cat back system?
Yeah factory route, easy install.

No noticeable performance gains.

Hey mate dose the OEM O2 sensors bolt straight in or dose the system join in after the 4 sensors and i heard these aftermarket ones can cause engine light to come on, Have you had any problems with that side of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom