Anyone have/try the Dobinsons MRR resi shocks for the 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a rear shock to match up my Radflo 2.5s in the front. Can't swing the matching rear Radflo resis for $950, as I've set my budget to $450 for rear shocks.

So far it's been the Ironman foamcell pros but last night I did some searching and for around $450-$500 for the set, Dobinsons has the MRR resi shocks.

Dobinsons USA doesnt have these but I'll be sending them an email later today.

Anyone have these MRR shocks? They look reasonably priced and comparable to a Bilstein 5150 or so. Part number is MRR 379 if anyone's interested.

Here is a link to them: Dobinsons MRR Rear Shock - Landcruiser 100 IFS

379.jpg

I am looking at the MRR for my 80. They have been priced to me for $375 each. I have searched Google and YouTube with very little info from other users that are not tied directly to Dobinson. From what I have read it seems their first design had seal problems along with some of the lines to the reservoir leaking. I believe that the problems I listed have been fixed and the product updated with some R&D but info is hard to come by.

I know this doesnt answer your question but its what I have found after several weeks of research. I hope more people see your post and lend some experience/knowledge to the question.

No affiliation or personal experience (yet) but Dobinsons has been getting a good deal of attention on T4R in the 5th gen forum. Mike is the distributor for Dobinsons in the US and is a straight shooter--I'm sure he could answer questions about the 100. His email is mike@dobinsonsusa.com. He's the guy in charge of both the Amazon store and Dobinsonsdirect.com. Most folks there have been getting the more standard shocks but some are running MRRs and seem pleased. I've planned to go this route when the 5th gen needs the OEMs replaced (and if I can quit spending on the 100....)

Here's the thread at T4R in case its helpful: vBulletin3 Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom