Anyone have the right answers-no guessing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And this is what carbon deposit looks like:
spark_plug_carbon_fouled_1.jpg

Wanted to post the latest findings - Yesterday stopped by one of the race car parts supply/ engine rebuild shops in town - was told by the main engine man that it was a positive sign of fuel not burning off in the cylinder - to much fuel. I have since installed NGK Iridium plugs Pre gaped @ 0.32.
Said to drop the carb jets one step at a time to the next lowest - clean plugs - drive 20-30 miles and check again. Also check accelerator plunger linkage and adjust to specs if needed. So the next step is locate some jets.
Installed now are 1.32 main, 2.00 2nd main. 2,400' local Elevation. :hmm:

Jim beat me to it and took my comments right out of my mouth... (fingers?) You race car guy probably does not work on 1930s technology low performance engines very often. *Might* not have worked on a carb'd engine at all very often. To my eye that plugs looks damn clean, considering how rich most people have their idle set and how inefficiently these engines burn anyway.

BTW... where the did you get a "completely rebuilt engine" for $1000. Can I get a few pallets of them too?

Mark...

I did most of the work on the engine, sourced out stuff I could not do mostly lack of special tools and or equipment and mostly time.
Yeah the old guy is well versed with carbs back in his day. What is real cool is he races those not sure but I think they are called draft cars, carb driven.

IMG_20200212_133423033.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom