Anyone have the owners/warranty manual for a California LX450 (or '96 FZJ-80) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My '96 just threw a EGR code, and I heard that in some states the warranty on emission control components goes to 100K miles. I'm at 98K, but don't have the warranty manual (3rd owner) and can't check.

Anyone have a California manual?

This might help:
Lexus site said:
Topic: Federal Emissions Parts
Date Last Updated: 11/19/2005
Question:
What does the Federal Emissions Enhancement Warranty cover for 1996-1998 model vehicles?
Answer:
This enhanced coverage of the Evaporative Control System is extended to the components specified below for a period of 14 years or 150,000 miles from the vehicle’s in service date, whichever occurs first. Please note that, depending on the design of the evaporative control system in each model, one or more of the specified components may not apply to your vehicle. Evaporative Storage Canister, Fuel tank filler neck, Evaporative System Pressure Sensor Purge Valve, Fuel Tank, Tank Vapor Vent Line, Fuel Cap, Three-Way Valve. Any other part or component, excluding any maintenance parts, between the fuel tank and the intake manifold (but not including the intake manifold) designed to contain or conduct fuel vapor from the fuel system. This enhanced coverage applies to specific vehicles and is subject to the same conditions set forth in the Federal Emission Control Warranty section of your Owner’s Manual Supplement, with the exception of the additional parts and extended coverage period. Please note that this enhanced coverage is available for warranty work performed at an authorized Lexus dealer only.

The only other info I could find was:
toyota site said:
Federal Emission Coverage: Components under the federal emission defect warranty are covered for 36 months/36,000 miles and specified major emission control components are covered for 8 years/80,000 miles. Specified major emission control components under emission performance warranty are also covered for 8 years/80,000 miles. In addition, emission performance warranty is applicable for 24 months/24,000 miles in states and local jurisdictions that require a periodic EPA-approved inspection and maintenance program.

California Emission Control Coverage: In California and any other state that adopts California emission warranty provisions, performance warranty and defect warranty coverage is applicable for 36 months/50,000 miles, and specific control devices are covered for 7 years/70,000 miles.

Can't find my manual right now...but if you register on the Lexus site as a Lexus owner, you can both view the manual online and have a free copy sent to you.

so the charcoal canister is covered for 14 years or 150K?

I got 149K right now, does that mean my charcoal canister is going to fail in a few weeks? :flipoff2:

I just cruised the techinfo.toyota.com site for a 96 Lexus 450 - The owners manual online has no section for warranty ?

Below is a DL .pdf file for my 97 80 series that has all the info

Warranty 97 80 series

I read the emission warranty on my owners manual and it only said 7year or 70k miles which ever comes first for California Emission Control. If you have any questions regarding your warranty rights call Toyota Customer Assistance Center toll-free at 1-800-331-4331 or California Air Resource Board. It is also subject to Federal emission performance warranty guidelines applicable to specific major emission control components for a period of 8 years or 80k miles. :)

1000-oaks said:
My '96 just threw a EGR code, and I heard that in some states the warranty on emission control components goes to 100K miles. I'm at 98K, but don't have the warranty manual (3rd owner) and can't check.

Anyone have a California manual?

You are out of coverage.

CDan- can you tell us what the coverage time/mileage limits are for CA?

Thank you guys, just getting back to this thread!

jyepez- not surprised. That link is over 8 years old.

What is the criteria for the oil change per the warranty manual? Does anybody can share that info? Thanks in advance

...via IH8MUD app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom