Wanted Anyone have the Kaymar rear bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Want to trade for a Slee with tire carrier?

Kaymar must be tow bumper with pivots and at least one tire carrier.

Also no shipping must meet and swap...

I know it's a long shot but what the hell

WTF is up with that?

Limited towing capacity with the Slee rear? I have a 22ft Cuddy Cabin fishing boat with a 250 Merc Outboard on the back and was hoping the Slee rear would still do fine even though i see it isn't tow rated... Please chime in as I haven't purchased my rear bumper either but will be soon and this is an important factor for me...

jgray, there was a thread within the past 2 months that discussed towing with the Slee bumper.

jgray, there was a thread within the past 2 months that discussed towing with the Slee bumper.

thanks guys... i did read this thread previously and i think the bumper will probably be fine towing my boat...

i was just wondering if this might be a reason for swaping the slee for a kaymar?

jgray: I too have a 22 ft cuddy cabin boat with a 225hp motor. I have the Kaymar rear bumper which is great for towing. From what I have seen, and based on my experience with other aftermarket rear bumpers and towing, the Slee should be no problem at all for towing. Unrated does not mean unable.

jgray: I too have a 22 ft cuddy cabin boat with a 225hp motor. I have the Kaymar rear bumper which is great for towing. From what I have seen, and based on my experience with other aftermarket rear bumpers and towing, the Slee should be no problem at all for towing. Unrated does not mean unable.

You just can't sue anyone if something bad happens, and I think you also open yourself up to lawsuits from others and non-performance from your insurance company! (Said partly, but not fully, tongue-in-cheek! :hillbilly:)

IMHO, if you really want to tow, I believe the Slee bumper will still allow you to bolt up a rated tow-hitch with the appropriate hardware.

Does this have to do with towing? I think everyone is assuming so, however maybe he just liked the looks of the Kaymar more......

Or the Kaymar has dual pivots vs single pivot of current Slee.

Does this have to do with towing? I think everyone is assuming so, however maybe he just liked the looks of the Kaymar more......
Not everyone, I was wondering why it wasn't in the classifieds.

I think the fact that he specified that it had to be a tow bumper was an indicator, even though I believe all Kaymars are tow bumpers (though I could be wrong on that).

So how about it ckkone, what's the intent?

Nothing to do with towing or weight.....

I got a new trailer and the Slee swing out hits the rock guard on the trailer making it nearly impossible to access anything in the back of the truck when the trailer is connected. It also has a little to do with dual swing outs and personal preference. Here is my new trailer:

IMG_8326.jpg

I have the TJM, it has dual pivots and u can keep ur hitch for towing and resignator protection...:cool:...oh yea I think a 295 might fit underneath.
cruiser 039.jpg
cruiser 041.jpg
cruiser 040.jpg

Nothing to do with towing or weight.....

I got a new trailer and the Slee swing out hits the rock guard on the trailer making it nearly impossible to access anything in the back of the truck when the trailer is connected. It also has a little to do with dual swing outs and personal preference. Here is my new trailer:

IMG_8326.jpg

Nice, Kamperoo?

ckkone - very sweet trailer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom