Anyone have stock 4Runner real coils 4 sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a friend (in her 70s) that drives a pretty stock 91 Runner and the rear springs are shot. Anyone have some takeoffs they'd like to give away? I had a set I tossed a few years back. woops.

Boise, ID

They sag to the point that the coils hit eachother over small bumps. She asked me to look at it, and I was amazed how flimsy they had become. She get a sort of rattle sound from the rear, and it ended up being the coils calapsing. I tried to put rubber spacers in the coil for a little help, and the surrounding coils to calapse even more at ride hieght. They are beyond shot. LOL

I had a runner for years, and mine didn't even sag this bad with two 12" subs and amps in the back with people in the seats. LOL

Why would you pull out old saggy coils, and re-install another set of old saggy coils? Get a set of new springs, they're not that expensive.

It's a 91 with 200k on it, a set out of a truck that only saw half that would be worth my free labor for her. She's older and isn't rolling is dough. I'm betting used or nothing.

I had to replace the rear springs in my '92 4Runner at around 100K miles. And I've since done several sets on others, some with significantly less mileage than that.

I think we may have different views of what needs to be replaced. LOL

whats the cost of factory replacements, anyone know?

Wow. A 70 year old with a 4Runner! Take her wheelin. :grinpimp:

She loves my 80. LOL
IMG00145.jpg

hey, i was just surfin around and found this. i just installed ome900s yesterday and have the stockers sitting doing nothing. they are yours for a couple of bucks plus shipping if your still interested.

I found a set for her, but will let you guys know if it falls through. Thanx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom