Anyone have some 18mm poly bushings? More lift stuff. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well.. in preperations for the lift I am tryign to get together. I looked through my boxes of parts and i found enough bushings to do all my connections except 1. (need 2 half bushings to get this to work.) I really want red as that is what the other bushings are. I figured I might hit up Clemson 4wheel tommorow.

Did anyone ever work out somehow for me to get thier old u-bolts to go get some made?? And when you got them made for $28? Did they include nuts and washers???
Also what dimensions do I tell Clemson 4wheel if I end up getting the ubolts from them?

If not can I park the cruiser where I want to do the work and cut off 1 frt and 1 rear and take them to g-ville? Then come back and do the work on it? Mainly trying to figure something out since I live a good hr from G-ville.

don't know about the bushings but clemson 4wheel won't have the U-bolts, or at least they didn't last time i was in there looking for them. I think they can look up the dimensions and order them though, give them a call and ask. i have a back up set of MAF rear u-bolts you can use for sizing, but i fly home friday for 2.5 weeks so i am not sure how i could get one to you...

Are you going to be at graduation or around Clemson? I think it is thursday? I am hoping to come I know 2 people who are walking. Maybe I could get one of them from you then.

I heard someone else had a front ubolt. Anyone???

yeah i got one, here is what you do. The stock bushings should be the same as the new bushings you have gotten. I believe. So use all your new bushings on every where you can see, then take the 2 best old bushings and use them on the inside on the rear on the inside, no one will be able to see them then. Can you take your wife's car to g ville? I would then take the ubolts up there and have them made, and yes that includes the nuts and washers.

That sounds good. Or my friend who is graduating lives in greer. I will check with him and see if you 2 might be able to meet up.

It looks liek cruisin tiger has a front one. Maybe you can get it to him and I can pick up both of them and get them made this week?
I will check with my friend today though.

Thanks a ton man!! Hopefully when you get back down here I can finally go on a offroading trip with the group and not be afraid of being stock :)

I'll be here in Clemson until the 23 I am graduating on the 22 so I have to hang around.

richard, can you pm me your cell? I think it will work out better if you drop it off with him ghen. that way I can get both at 1 time. I will be at the graduation on thursday.

Thats cool Ghen just drop by the house, I'll probably be in the garage messing with the cruiser. I have done all I can on the cage for now but I am going to patch up a few other spots and try and figure some things out.

Matt pm sent.

clemson 4wheel told me they could order bolts and bushings (would take 10 days) So i am goign to try and use my best bushings like was stated b/f and greas bolts are on the way. (I ordered them from Roger Brown)

I hope early to mid next week I can get everything done. Hopefully get the u-bolts made this week.

Thanks. tslked with him gunna pick them up tomm. hope i might can get them made tomm afternoon? Have a friend who migh tbe comming by on friday during the day. Maybe I can go ahead and get the fronts on.

Still waiting on the greasable bolts for the rear shackles. (hopefully be here fri ot early next week. )

Then have to figure where I can go to flex out and measure for shocks.

Ghen, Have a good and safe trip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom