Anyone have Replacement Floor Mats from Relik Garage? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NYIronPig

YES I have a problem...
SILVER Star
Threads
Looking at flooring options and came across this set that appears to be close to OEM as you can find. Price is steep at $455, but cover the full interior.

FJ40 Replacement Floor Mats

Anyone buy and install these? Welcome your thoughts.

Have also been looking at:

SOR Tuff Tred, but don't like the look - Page 345 Land Cruiser SOR Tuff Tread Floor Liners

and Cool Cruisers - Mats FJ40 - Hand Fitted 4-PCE - '72 - '78 - BLACK PVC

and found these Aussi Tru Fit Front mats - Toyota Land Cruiser FJ/HJ 40, 42, 45, 47 Series 1961-1978 MVF FRONT VINYL

Unless, I am missing something, That is just the front setup and $5 cheaper that the Relek Garage full rig set

actually looking at this more and knowing Roger's amazing quality, this looks like a great direction to go for a true OEM look and feel. Rear can be added for $85. Thx @mcjb

Yes cityracer has the back mat on his site too but cost is separate. Relik one is cheaper but you mentioned "as close to OEM as you can find." Cityracer's looks closest to OEM.

Yeah. I have the front and back. Works great.

Now if only we can get him to do oem vinyl...

Order placed for front and rear!

@NYIronPig
off topic, where in the Catskills are you located? I lived in Roxbury for 6-7 year back in the late 80's early 90's

@NYIronPig
off topic, where in the Catskills are you located? I lived in Roxbury for 6-7 year back in the late 80's early 90's
Narrowsburg, NY in Sullivan County right on the Delaware River

Order placed for front and rear!
Can't speak for front because I don't have one, but you won't be disappointed with rear mat. I just got one a couple weeks ago and was very pleased with the quality and thickness in the mat. If the rear is any indication for the front I have no doubt you will like what you get.

Can't speak for front because I don't have one, but you won't be disappointed with rear mat. I just got one a couple weeks ago and was very pleased with the quality and thickness in the mat. If the rear is any indication for the front I have no doubt you will like what you get.
airon23, sorry but are you talking about the racer65 mat or the Relik Garage version? I am new to the LC thing. Just purchased my first!! '66 FJ40 and I'm stoked. The reason I ask is that racer65 doesn't seem to have a floor mat for my year. I'm very interested in the Relik Garage version as a result. SOR says the Aussie mats won't be restocked til next year.

Any reason why this front mat wouldn't fit a 1969?

Looks like it can with some trimming. The spring green one pictured looks similar to 69 setup

I've recently installed - somewhat temporarily as floor/access cover/building continues - the relik garage front and rear mats in an 03/81 BJ40. I've added an H55F to the truck (yeah yeah, who needs a five-speed with a B engine, but I like it, so...) so I need to get a better idea of the fit around the shifters and parking brake.

That said, it's generally good. The molding/contour is fine across the floor and up under the seats and beside the seats along the rocker panel. It's not a perfect visual match for the OEM floor mat, and to be honest I might still source on of those (@Racer65 or classifieds) as I really prefer the OE look. But as far as something to put on the floor... it's certainly adequate, and not terribly expensive.

If one is looking for OEM, this isn't really it. If you're not concerned with the different texture and lack of 'Toyota' and/or contours around the shifters, I'd recommend it without reservation.

HTH.-

I would stay away from Relik. I bought a soft top and frame and it was the most aggravating purchase that I have dealt with for my FJ40. Items were missing that I had to source from elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom