Anyone have pics of second battery?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all i have a 1979 BJ40 an am looking to install a second battery to run my fridge. Where do people mount their second batteries???
I have seen one before in a tray located between the chassis rails at the front of the car (behind bull bar)
Anyone done this? Looking for options
Thanks

You probably need to see other BJ's FJ and the 2F are going to be different.

Hi all i have a 1979 BJ40 an am looking to install a second battery to run my fridge. Where do people mount their second batteries???
Your battery is at front left?

See how the batteries are mounted 24V-versions. This is my BJ42. The 2nd battery tray is empty.
EBAE4B49-AE1D-4D91-9BD9-8B4D5E22D67C.jpeg

Thanks guys. My battery is on the left hand side so maybe a second tray from a 24v one would work.
I checked out the links provided there are also some good ideas in there- gives me something to think about.
Cheers for the help

Here is what I did.
KIMG0415.jpg

Ya. I had a friend who is a welder make it for me. It's been at least 5 years ago. Seems like I got the idea from somewhere though. Can't remember. Must have been from here on mud though. It's too good to be my own idea. Mounts right into original battery box stand. It's a supper tight fit. But I had it briefly in my '70 FJ40 before I sold it. And now it's in my '77 so whatever the design it's pretty universal. Just wish I could remember where I got the idea from. It might be like what used to be available from man-a-fre. I'll do some digging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom