Anyone have pic of a 78 desmogged engine? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just trying to figure out what i need to get the engine bay finished. Have rebuilt Jim C carb. Although i have access to the smog stuff i'm hoping to keep it desmogged.
Thanks

5D5EC262-B5B8-4C6F-94C1-6D8466BDD53C-4501-0000065E2E88A76C_tmp.jpg

I realize this picture lacks the details you are likely looking for, but this is my 1978 desmog.

img_4472-jpg.1514284

A little different than Andrew's as I am using the Aisin Carburetor and there look to be a few more vacuum lines on mine than I see in his. Search the archives and you will find several desmog diagrams that will help. . . will try to attach one that I used as a guide.

78-layout-desmog_small-jpg.104271

I used caps to plug the air rail ports in the head and Jim C. provided a few parts to complete the conversion via his desmog kit.

Wow, both rigs are beautiful. I did reach out to Jim C via his business but have no heard back yet. Thanks for help!!

I'm several hundred miles from 44 right now... but, mine is much like Doc's... just not as pretty and I don't eat off the air cleaner. :cool:

Here's the thread that helped me the most layout for 78 2F desmog

I kept the evaporator/separator and the charcoal canister... to keep from vent fumes to the atmosphere... I know climate change was invented by the Chinese, but prefer to do it properly. :rolleyes:

Since I kept those components, I had to also keep the VCV, for proper vacuum line routing.

I also added a second VCV to the passenger side, to help in properly venting the sissy, when I moved my axle, shift tower and sissy breathers up high.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom