Anyone have luck with cheap O2 sensors? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My rig is currently in need of a new muffler again (I'm on my 2nd or 3rd Bosal......can't remember)

It's been leaking at the bung on the pipe for the O2 sensor, so it's possible the sensor is bad as well as she recently threw a code :confused:

I usually stick with OEM when it comes to O2 sensors, but while shopping for a new muffler, I saw that API has them for under $12 bucks with pigtails at Rock Auto :oops:

256_API_190043762_1__ra_m.jpg

Now, I'm hoping my current O2's are still good, but I wouldn't mind having a backup just in case they're shot :hmm:

Some of you might remember when I first installed a complete Bosal setup, one O2 crapped out on me after having to use an air chisel to remove it :doh:

It shorted out, causing the EFI fuse to constantly blow :bang:

I ended up having to unplug it until I could get a new one at the dealer the next day :meh:

Just curious if anyone here has used them before....

Denzo is the OEM and are pretty cheap no? I’ve actually had worse results using more expensive Bosch and the like, ie throws codes, etc. where as NTK / NGK and Denzo just seem to work.

I have never used those ones, but in general I have never had any luck with cheap O2 sensors, for any vehicle I've ever owned. YMMV.

The Bosch 100% will throw a code. Had one for a year until I replaced it with OEM and the code never came back after that.

Rock auto sensors did not work for me. Went OEM before they were discontinued.

Like I said, above. Oem for o2 sensors, full stop. A quick search here will show that.

Or amazon... or for that matter a bunch of places that won’t charge 2x the actual cost...
O2 down stream sensor

Ditto: Denso aftermarket sensors (Rockauto), no issues IME.

Curiously, I've been scouring today posts searching for the thread that answers this; I forgot to bookmark it. IIRC, replacement Denso sensors can be had for about $15 (in last year's money).

1602634977854.png

Clearly everyone is saying Denso/OEM so I am just reiterating that point when I say I put an aftermarket one on my Tacoma and it crapped out in 2 weeks. Buy once cry once as they say.

ntk has been working just fine for me for the last few years. dont even waste your time with anything other than ntk or denso, ive had to disappoint plenty of customers be telling then that their new bosch or whatever cheep o2 sensor need to be replaced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom