anyone have issues with MAF aux gas tank not venting properly? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.elirubelphotography.com
I had no problem filling up in colorado, where its just a plain old gas nozzle, but here in california we have those damn vapor seal contraptions and my new aux tank has the hardest time venting all of the pressure back out...I don't want to drill into it and add a vent, but not sure what else to do.... has anyone else encountered an issue with venting? basically if I fill the tank at anything but a snails pace, the fuel spits back out at me. :confused:

I have the exact same problem with my MAF/Confer rear tank for 30 yrs. My tank is vented from a tube on the upper right corner back into the filler neck by the cap. Have changed the angle of the filler tubes. Never found a solution. I can't even put the nozzle on the lowest automatic setting. It's just add gas, wait, add gas, wait. If you find a solution, let me know.

I have the exact same problem with my MAF/Confer rear tank for 30 yrs. My tank is vented from a tube on the upper right corner back into the filler neck by the cap. Have changed the angle of the filler tubes. Never found a solution. I can't even put the nozzle on the lowest automatic setting. It's just add gas, wait, add gas, wait. If you find a solution, let me know.

Thanks plowboy. I think I may just drive over to MAF and see what they have to say...

i have the same problem and i have tried differant things but no solutation yet. yeah if you find out let us all know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom