1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have heavy equipment in Seattle?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by PabloCruise, Jul 20, 2005.

1. PabloCruise

PabloCruise

I'm coming up there next week to do a product demo.

I need to secure an auger unit with a 9" blade in case we have to do some pre-drilling...

The rental places are all saying "no dice"

Anyone?

TIA,

2. e rock

e rock

Where at specifically? And forgive my ignorance - what exactly do you need to drill? Is this something that would normally be mounted on a tractor/bobcat/etc or like a 2-person hand-held type thing?

What rental places did you try?

I know quite a few builders/contractors, but it depends if you're going to be close to any of them. You could be 2-1/2 driving hours away from me and still be 'in the Seattle area'.

3. Urrrk

Urrrk

Media:
    Albums:
  4. PabloCruise

PabloCruise

Thanks guys.

We'll be on the N end of town, on I-5 btwn 175th and 205th - looks like they call that the Richmond Highlands area?

I MAY need to pre-drill the soil on a jobsite if our foundation meets refusal.

My company has helical, torque-driven foundations that we will be demo'ing for a contractor up there.

The soil blow counts are a little high - 50/9, so I want to be able to pre-drill if I have to.

So I'd want to be able to drill that 9" auger down about 10 feet...

Hertz Equipment had a 9" auger on a Bobcat, but I need two extensions to get it 9 feet down...

e-rock, any of your friends up for this?

5. e rock

e rock

Sorry -

I don't know anybody doing any work over there. Or anyone with the ability to go down 10 feet for that matter.

I will ask around and see what I can find out about rental places that may be able to hook you up. I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Good luck,
    Eric