Anyone have heavy equipment in Seattle?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by PabloCruise, Jul 20, 2005.

1. PabloCruise

PabloCruise SILVER Star

I'm coming up there next week to do a product demo.

I need to secure an auger unit with a 9" blade in case we have to do some pre-drilling...

The rental places are all saying "no dice"

Anyone?

TIA,

2. e rock

e rock

Where at specifically? And forgive my ignorance - what exactly do you need to drill? Is this something that would normally be mounted on a tractor/bobcat/etc or like a 2-person hand-held type thing?

What rental places did you try?

I know quite a few builders/contractors, but it depends if you're going to be close to any of them. You could be 2-1/2 driving hours away from me and still be 'in the Seattle area'.

3. Urrrk

Urrrk

Media:
    Albums:
  4. PabloCruise

PabloCruise SILVER Star

Thanks guys.

We'll be on the N end of town, on I-5 btwn 175th and 205th - looks like they call that the Richmond Highlands area?

I MAY need to pre-drill the soil on a jobsite if our foundation meets refusal.

My company has helical, torque-driven foundations that we will be demo'ing for a contractor up there.

The soil blow counts are a little high - 50/9, so I want to be able to pre-drill if I have to.

So I'd want to be able to drill that 9" auger down about 10 feet...

Hertz Equipment had a 9" auger on a Bobcat, but I need two extensions to get it 9 feet down...

e-rock, any of your friends up for this?

5. e rock

e rock

Sorry -

I don't know anybody doing any work over there. Or anyone with the ability to go down 10 feet for that matter.

I will ask around and see what I can find out about rental places that may be able to hook you up. I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Good luck,
    Eric

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.