Anyone have directions for the trailer hitch wiring on a 2016-2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The dealer included the hitch and also a box with the wiring kit. They weren't installed and have no directions. The cover is easy to get off to access the receiver, does anyone have a pic of where the wiring receiver is or directions on installing it, I don't want to have the dealer do it and it appears to just plug in and has some screws but it wasn't obvious where it went. Thanks!

THe harness is located US passenger rear, near where the frame corner is. The location for the trailer wire bracket is on the passenger side of the hitch, on the left right crossmember.

If you are a new owner and the dealer is nearby I'd drive over and have them hook it up as goodwill service.

Both 2020s I looked at included the receiver and wiring in two separate boxes in the back. Maybe some owners don't want them?

There are photos and help for the wiring in this thread.
The wiring harness should have been put on by the dealer. They were either lazy of didn’t know better on the LC.
With the receiver, you probably mean just the drawbar and not the entire hitch. We all get those in a box when we buy new.

That harness is often missing, dealers neglect to install it. When I swapped my '11 for my current '15 the harness was missing, but fortunately the dealer let me swap it over in the parking lot.

I think you are confusing some terms. The "receiver" is built into the frame, not an add on. Every Cruiser has one from the factory. The "insert" is the part in the box, where you install the ball, this gets inserted into the receiver (after removing the cover) when you want to tow something.

Fortunately we got an amazing day here today 50 degrees, compared to 20 the other day. I finished the remote starter and got to look at this. Not sure why they don't put it on the factory. But it just mounts with pre threaded holes to the right side of the bumper. It includes 2, 6 inch wires coming off it, and under the bumper are 2 capped plugs that it just plugs into. Only took 10 minutes but must be this way for people that don't want it. You hardly see the trailer wiring so it's good for me, and I will be towing with this regularly so I need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom