Anyone have both LC and LX 200s? Equally refined? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wait......the Torsen center diff is an option? What is there standard? Not sure I'll ever buy a 300 but will definitely pick up another 200 at some point.
The torsen limited slip differential is referring to the rear diff for the F sport trim, not the center diff.

Quick question. I love the AHC and I do not want to lift it, I want the stock set up and ride heights. But my drivers front is low but not by much. Measuring from my level concrete garage floor plumb straight up to fender well I have 35 15/16 in High, 34 in Normal, and 31 5/8 in Low. The passenger front is 36 1/4 in High, 34 1/4 in Normal, and 32 in Low. Rears are in sync. So basically a 1/4 to 3/8 inch left front sag. This isn't much but it is easily noticeable visually. Am I being too anal about this and should leave it alone or can I do a small adjustment to the left front AHC sensor bracket. If so, how do I raise it, sensor bracket up or down and by how much to attain my goal? And do I risk ****ing it up worse? (tire pressures exactly equal and garage floor perfectly level)

Last edited:
Quick question. I love the AHC and I do not want to lift it, I want the stock set up and ride heights. But my drivers front is low but not by much. Measuring from my level concrete garage floor plumb straight up to fender well I have 35 15/16 in High, 34 in Normal, and 31 5/8 in Low. The passenger front is 36 1/4 in High, 34 1/4 in Normal, and 32 in Low. Rears are in sync. So basically a 1/4 to 3/8 inch left front sag. This isn't much but it is easily noticeable visually. Am I being too anal about this and should leave it alone or can I do a small adjustment to the felt front AHC sensor bracket. If so, how do I raise it, sensor bracket up or down and by how much to attain my goal? And do I risk f***ing it up worse? (tire pressures exactly equal and garage floor perfectly level)

Quick question. I love the AHC and I do not want to lift it, I want the stock set up and ride heights. But my drivers front is low but not by much. Measuring from my level concrete garage floor plumb straight up to fender well I have 35 15/16 in High, 34 in Normal, and 31 5/8 in Low. The passenger front is 36 1/4 in High, 34 1/4 in Normal, and 32 in Low. Rears are in sync. So basically a 1/4 to 3/8 inch left front sag. This isn't much but it is easily noticeable visually. Am I being too anal about this and should leave it alone or can I do a small adjustment to the felt front AHC sensor bracket. If so, how do I raise it, sensor bracket up or down and by how much to attain my goal? And do I risk f***ing it up worse? (tire pressures exactly equal and garage floor perfectly level)
I wouldn't try chasing 1/4" if i were you...Too much variability in the suspension. You best bet would be to just un-see the "noticeable visual"...

Yeah if it's not throwing any lights on I wouldn't worry about it. Just....stay on top of those fluid changes.

Yeah if it's not throwing any lights on I wouldn't worry about it. Just....stay on top of those fluid changes.
I have no way of knowing if the fluid has ever been changed. I'm at 134,000 miles. But I did purchase 3 2.5 liter cans of toyota fluid to change it out. Somewhere there are threads or videos on how to do this, it cant be all that difficult.

I have no way of knowing if the fluid has ever been changed. I'm at 134,000 miles. But I did purchase 3 2.5 liter cans of toyota fluid to change it out. Somewhere there are threads or videos on how to do this, it cant be all that difficult.
It was easier on the 100 series lx470. Reservoir was in the engine bay. Turkey Baster and bleeding the corners. This truck appears a lot harder. Im guessing mr t moved the reservoir aft to keep knuckleheads from adding windshield wiper fluid to the ahc system 😬

It was easier on the 100 series lx470. Reservoir was in the engine bay. Turkey Baster and bleeding the corners. This truck appears a lot harder. Im guessing mr t moved the reservoir aft to keep knuckleheads from adding windshield wiper fluid to the ahc system 😬
Yeah the tank location is fubar. Cant even tell if fluid is in it or not unless you put 1000 candle power where the spare tire goes.

There's not many enthusiast LCs that build without swapping the stock suspension. It's practically the first thing to upgrade

In contrast, there's many LX builds that retain AHC. Even for full up full armor builds, hauling, or heavy towing. It doesn't lose height and maximizes clearance even when loading for trips.

If one desires, could similarly rip it out.

Yes, 35s can drop in with stock AHC without sensor lift and minor clearancing mods. Half the fun is taking AHC further for weight handling, height, and long travel articulation. While keeping all the drivability and goodness of an OEM developed suspension.

There's many LXs now that have taken this further, using AHC for 37s and 40s.

One great thing with larger and larger tires is the kneel function. A suspension lifted 200-series on big tires can get pretty tall. Getting in/out, loading, or accessing an RTT can help when the suspension can kneel. Also helps with fwy MPG, handling, and access to standard height garages.
Hey everyone first post here - I'm going to jump in on this part of the post as I've been reading for quite a while trying to figure out what wheel/tire combo to order. I have a new to me 08 LX 570 and definitely need tires. Thought I'd upgrade wheels while at it. I'll break this out to a couple clarifying questions.

Question 1: seems like several are running 17" and 18" wheels. One supplier is saying the brakes are too big - you have to stick with 20's. I don't believe that to be true because LC's come with 18's. I like having more sidewall so I prefer to run 17's. Are there any modifications needed to run 17" wheels?

Question 2: after reading and struggling to find the wheels I want I had an epiphany; I have a set of Michelin LT275/65R20E's ( 34.07 x 10.83 ) I pulled off my truck (wheels won't work) but could just use stock wheels. I jacked up a corner of the LX to try to match up wheel centers to gauge fit. Can you really run a tire this big without anything but clearancing plastics? I've currently done the sensor lift - good or bad idea? Rides fine to me in N mode. Check my pictures on fitment please - my jack was under A-arm. Seems like it'll be really tight. Perspective on picture - tire is rolled in front stock tire on vehicle so it probably does appear a little larger - kind of like when you take a picture of a fish you've caught - hold it closer to the camera and walah, it looks bigger. Basically, will these tires I have fit? This is likely a temporary solution but maybe not.

If I buy new wheels, can I run 17 x 8.5? Any advice on offset?

Any experience here is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance for your help!

Many thanks, Matt

20220824_105644.jpg

You can run 17" rims on both the LC and LX. No way those tires are going to work.

Hey everyone first post here - I'm going to jump in on this part of the post as I've been reading for quite a while trying to figure out what wheel/tire combo to order. I have a new to me 08 LX 570 and definitely need tires. Thought I'd upgrade wheels while at it. I'll break this out to a couple clarifying questions.

Question 1: seems like several are running 17" and 18" wheels. One supplier is saying the brakes are too big - you have to stick with 20's. I don't believe that to be true because LC's come with 18's. I like having more sidewall so I prefer to run 17's. Are there any modifications needed to run 17" wheels?

Question 2: after reading and struggling to find the wheels I want I had an epiphany; I have a set of Michelin LT275/65R20E's ( 34.07 x 10.83 ) I pulled off my truck (wheels won't work) but could just use stock wheels. I jacked up a corner of the LX to try to match up wheel centers to gauge fit. Can you really run a tire this big without anything but clearancing plastics? I've currently done the sensor lift - good or bad idea? Rides fine to me in N mode. Check my pictures on fitment please - my jack was under A-arm. Seems like it'll be really tight. Perspective on picture - tire is rolled in front stock tire on vehicle so it probably does appear a little larger - kind of like when you take a picture of a fish you've caught - hold it closer to the camera and walah, it looks bigger. Basically, will these tires I have fit? This is likely a temporary solution but maybe not.

If I buy new wheels, can I run 17 x 8.5? Any advice on offset?

Any experience here is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance for your help!

Many thanks, Matt

View attachment 3096089

1) Yes, 17s will generally fit. But not all. After you find the specific wheel, search to see if anyone has run them on these boards. Also, if it fits the Tundra, it'll work on the 200-series.

2) There's a good chance 275/65R20s will drop right in with minimal effort. Perhaps just pulling the plastic fender liner forward at the front of the tire. And removing the mud flap. Check out this thread. For more details of fender liner mods, check the build thread in my signature.

1) Yes, 17s will generally fit. But not all. After you find the specific wheel, search to see if anyone has run them on these boards. Also, if it fits the Tundra, it'll work on the 200-series.

2) There's a good chance 275/65R20s will drop right in with minimal effort. Perhaps just pulling the plastic fender liner forward at the front of the tire. And removing the mud flap. Check out this thread. For more details of fender liner mods, check the build thread in my signature.

When you get into 34” you might also consider this impacts your effective gearing, speedometer readings, freeway rpm’s, etc.

Lots running that size with no complaints, but it’s worth a thought.

When you get into 34” you might also consider this impacts your effective gearing, speedometer readings, freeway rpm’s, etc.

Lots running that size with no complaints, but it’s worth a thought.
Speedo doesn't bother me too bad, I'm used to that with my truck. GPS on road trips from Waze will work and I don't drive fast anymore. Diesel fuel in my truck has conditioned me to back it down. Still, it's a fair point and appreciate the input!

Honestly these tires that I already own are a bit of a stop gap, potentially, if I use them. I still would like to get smaller diameter rim and a tire size in the 32.5 - 33 range seems like a good size compromise.

You can run 17" rims on both the LC and LX. No way those tires are going to work.
Thank you Charlie S! I agree, they don't look like they're going to fit to me, however, that picture is a little misleading perspective wise. Thank you for the confirmation on 17's!

@TeCKis300 has it right. 17's fit, but you have to find a specific 17 that is designed to fit on an LC or Tundra. Some 17's don't have enough room for the brakes. I run 285/75r18 tires (34.8") and only needed to move my fender liner forward and bend the little metal mudflap tab back a bit in the front wheel well. No modification needed in the rear.

@TeCKis300 has it right. 17's fit, but you have to find a specific 17 that is designed to fit on an LC or Tundra. Some 17's don't have enough room for the brakes. I run 285/75r18 tires (34.8") and only needed to move my fender liner forward and bend the little metal mudflap tab back a bit in the front wheel well. No modification needed in the rear.
Might go 18" to be sure on fit -particularly since LC's run then from the factory. Would like to run TRD 17" if I could find the bolt pattern - retail is pricey though. Don't know if they discount them.

Might go 18" to be sure on fit -particularly since LC's run then from the factory. Would like to run TRD 17" if I could find the bolt pattern - retail is pricey though. Don't know if they discount them.
A buddy of mine ran into issues with 17” Method wheels on his 2017 LC. The wheels did barely clear however the weights used to balance the tires were coming into contact with the brakes. Work around was to shift the weights away from the caliper, not ideal but worked to fit the 17” wheel.

A buddy of mine ran into issues with 17” Method wheels on his 2017 LC. The wheels did barely clear however the weights used to balance the tires were coming into contact with the brakes. Work around was to shift the weights away from the caliper, not ideal but worked to fit the 17” wheel.
Thanks TLC2013! Another reason to be safe and go 18's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom