Anyone have an engine hoist/leveler I can borrow this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hokie LX

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey all,

Does anyone have an engine hoist/cherry picker with leveler they'd be willing to let me borrow this weekend? Needing to pull the motor out of my autocross Miata and hoping to avoid having to buy one.

It...um, *ahem* decided to end its life unexpectedly during my last autocross event last season.

Picture of car being towed home for sympathy...
IMG_2032.JPG

I used to pull motors out of my Austin Healys on a regular basis with an old swing set and a strap come along. Could pick the motor up by myself once on the floor. Your motor should not weigh much more, might even be lighter due to aluminum vs iron.

Unfortunately car has to stay where it is in my garage so can’t rig something up most likely. Plus it’s a tight space so the leveler is needed to get it out.

I found a couple guys in my autocross group with a hoist/leveler so I may just borrow one of their setups. 👍🏻

I've got a load leveler, but no cherry picker. If you can tow it over to my house, you're welcome to use the gantry crane to pick the whole car up and shake the engine out :lol:

I have one you'd be welcome to but I'm in Charlotte. My daughter is headed by to NC State on sunday and I could send it with her if helpful?

I’m in apex , sure your location, and have a cherry picker in my shed u can borrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom