Anyone have an 80 series caster bushing tool? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Working on my axle swap and want to put in some caster correction bushings. Not having any success with using a close size socket Thought I’d check to see if anyone here has the tool. Thanks!

Working on my axle swap and want to put in some caster correction bushings. Not having any success with using a close size socket Thought I’d check to see if anyone here has the tool. Thanks!
If no one has one Most shops will do that pretty cheap if you take the arms to them or take the arms to your closest dealership. They should be able to do them if you can't get the tool or buy the hole set from Joey. Bushing Press Tool- KIT

If no one has one Most shops will do that pretty cheap if you take the arms to them or take the arms to your closest dealership. They should be able to do them if you can't get the tool or buy the hole set from Joey. Bushing Press Tool- KIT
That kit is on my short list of tools to buy.

Thanks guys! Axle is now positioned for install.
75641FE9-C87A-4E23-9D69-02E903CC1B15.jpeg

No clue but apparently that design was good enough for F1 in the 70's

FWIW, I’m out of the bushing tools for a few weeks. I DO have one front Caster bushing tool in stock.

Do you have the old ones removed? That is usually the part that takes the most force in the press. You can use a torch or a drill and destroy the rubber section removing the center. Then you can use a sawzal or even a jigsaw with the right blade and put a cut in the inner metal sleeve. It should come out easy then. I think some of mine I even put two cuts in 180 degrees apart.

Yes you will still need some type of tool to get the new ones in. But from what I read the install does not require the force that the removal does. So a perfect fit on the tool is not as critical, maybe.

Thanks. I’m leaning towards this option, but figured if someone had the tool handy I’d try that route.

The tools are super trick. Since I have to do all 6 and need to get it done, I've removed a couple so far. Its not bad if you have to do it without a tool. If you plan on buying a press, get at least a 20 ton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom