Anyone have a press available? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Robbie is over at the house for the next few days doing the re-gearing....just need to track down a press. Ali is out of town - anyone know of other people/places where we can get access to one?

--Keith

It might cost a few bucks, but I bet he could take stuff to Budlong's machine shop. I can't imagine they would charge very much.

This press work won't be for a five minute job; this will be a four hour job so Robbie will need a press for the day. He'll be removing the pinion bearing few times to get the correct gear pattern and that takes time. I'm sure someone else has a press in the club. Also, he'll need a bearing separator as well.

I've got a 20 ton hydraulic press. No bearing separator though.

You guys are welcome to my press. I'm also out of town, but Dad is home, and I'd be willing to bet that he'd be up for opening up the shop for you guys.

I will be home on Sunday, around noon, and will be home pretty much all week next week.

Dan

Thanks all(robbie here), I have bearing splitters and such. Just do not have a press. Thanks Dan for the offer, will see what happens today.

for set up purposes, we (my mechanic buddy and i) wallowed out the old bearings so they slipped on and off easier. then just press on the new ones when it's ready for final assembly. i even saw this on an episode of Trucks or Extreme 4x4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom