Wanted Anyone have a head for a 1hz? I'm in Denver. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What I thought was a head gasket is actually a trashed head....and a head gasket.
Have some feelers out for new ones but just thought I'd check on here.
Just need the head, I can rebuild with valves, etc.
Thanks in advance!

IMG_20230426_124850.jpg

IMG_20230426_124911.jpg

IMG_20230426_124853.jpg

IMG_20230426_124851.jpg

I have a loaded ( c/w valves, cam etc) NOS head that came from a mine inventory. It was poorly stored in a crate and has some flash rust but nothing that would affect its function, I don't think. I'll pull it out and take some photos this weekend.

I have a loaded ( c/w valves, cam etc) NOS head that came from a mine inventory. It was poorly stored in a crate and has some flash rust but nothing that would affect its function, I don't think. I'll pull it out and take some photos this weekend.
Would love to see it! Where are you located?

Having been through this before, I’d just buy a new head from Toyota and have a machine shop do the assembly.

Seriously? 🤯🤯

A bare head or a built head? What were the specifics?
So local stealership bad a bare head for 1400ish, bought a new head with new cam, valves, springs, and pre combustion chambers all assembled and adjusted for 2200...would've been about the same to get all the parts and pay a shop to build it.

So local stealership bad a bare head for 1400ish, bought a new head with new cam, valves, springs, and pre combustion chambers all assembled and adjusted for 2200...would've been about the same to get all the parts and pay a shop to build it.
Just seeing this. I have a good core head in Denver that I'd sell for $350. Gunn Automotive on Federal could do a quality rebuild for about $600-800. All in for $1000 or only a touch more. Wish I would have known somebody local was looking.

Just seeing this. I have a good core head in Denver that I'd sell for $350. Gunn Automotive on Federal could do a quality rebuild for about $600-800. All in for $1000 or only a touch more. Wish I would have known somebody local was looking.
I would've bought this in a heartbeat. Rig is back together and getting shaken down as we speak. 😐

I would've bought this in a heartbeat. Rig is back together and getting shaken down as we speak. 😐
Ah well, I also misread the post ... 1Hz not 1Fz. Duh. There are several folks around who have these parts around the Front Range though. In any case, glad you got it rolling again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom