Anyone have a 4/5spd in their FJ80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat,

Not exactly what you asked, so sorry if it's a dumb response:

David Dunbar on the 3FE list put an H55F in his (3FE powered) FJ62. I don't think anyone on that list has one in an 80, but I'll post your question there if you like.

Curtis

I used to be pretty active there before I got too busy. :( I should go back over for a `hi' to everyone. Just curious, every so once in a while I see a cheap FJ80 and think I could sell the A44x auto to recover some of the cost and put in a H42 with part time 4WD, dreaming when I don't even have time to finish my other project.

I am putting a H55F into my 80 with a 60's case....

It should be all kinds of fun offroad with the 4.84 first gear instead of the A440f first of 2.95..

It will get better MPG, more fun to drive, less wear and tear on birfs,gear,bearings,case,u-joints,driveshafts...

I love 60's but they are missing a few things..FI a 5thgear and coils..It should be the ultimate cruiser for me....

3fj40 said:
I used to be pretty active there before I got too busy. :( I should go back over for a `hi' to everyone. Just curious, every so once in a while I see a cheap FJ80 and think I could sell the A44x auto to recover some of the cost and put in a H42 with part time 4WD, dreaming when I don't even have time to finish my other project.

You should go say hi. That's been my main list for a couple years now. Fun place.

Cheers,

Curtis
91FJ80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom