Anyone got pics of cable / electric lockers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kon

Threads
Hey, has anyone out there got pics of cable and/or electric diff lockers? Preferably if mounted on a 60 but anything will do. I really just want to see what they look like from underneath the truck ( rabbits-eye perspective? ) and any pics from an install would be fanatastic!
i did some searchin and came up empty.

A friend of a friend of a friend (etc..) is selling his hj60 axles, he's sayin there's cable lockers mounted but theres no cable, inside mount etc.. i think he might be talkin BS but ya never know...

cheers

This is from the wallaby's-eye perspective:
site1029.jpg

Be sure to get the shifters and cables from inside the cabin. Those parts are expensive to get.

Dave

cheers beanz thats perfect!

im gonna check it out this weekend! The shifters and cables are the problem, he hasnt got any, which is why he's flogging them cheap.

hmmm.. wallaby's are a bit taller :D

wussypup
i was told the cables are usually under the dash near drivers door, kinda near the hood release.

is that your setup? or a borrowed pic? i thought i saw it on a diff thread aswell

Kon said:
wussypup
i was told the cables are usually under the dash near drivers door, kinda near the hood release.

is that your setup? or a borrowed pic? i thought i saw it on a diff thread aswell

cable lockers on a 7x series has them on the drivers side (right side that I have) and run down the inside of the firewall, along the floor until about half way down the seat and then through the floor and one cables goes to the rear axle and the other one heads to the font.

Cheers,

Michael

Kon said:
wussypup

That pic was from KK trading Inc.

Here is another view from Rising Sun Imports:
7.jpg

These are both JDM HJ61s

Kon said:
hmmm.. wallaby's are a bit taller :D

Yeah, but this diff is on a SOA FJ40 on 37" rubbers :D

60 series cables run completely under the body. The controllers are 75% under the body and 25% inside. New parts for the shifters cost US$1000 all up four years ago, but you can surely find aftermarket controllers for much less than that.

I'd still get the lockers if I were you. Cable lockers are quite rare even in Aus., aren't they?

Dave

iv only just started to look round for manual lockers, so i talked to a few people, they all heard they were good but pretty rare. theres a few wreckers here that import whole cruisers form japan specifically for wrecking (something to do with import laws here) and most of them have more factory options than you can poke a stick at!! or your wallet.....

wussyPup said:
This is from the mother inlaw's eye perspective:
Diff%20Locks.jpg

pic from a '89 HJ61

Yes indeed that sure is a picture from KK-Trading, of my truck.. ;p ..LOL, do you need some more I can go to the garage and snap some of the linkages underneath the body.

I'd be interested in seeing any photos of some 70 series cable locking axles swapped into a 40 series. Anybody? I'm curious to see the axle width relative to the fenders and where you put the controls.

Yes indeed that sure is a picture from KK-Trading, of my truck.. ..LOL, do you need some more I can go to the garage and snap some of the linkages underneath the body.

thatd be awesome if you could do that!

cheers!

ostacruiser said:
Yes indeed that sure is a picture from KK-Trading, of my truck.. ;p ..LOL

Very nice looking Cruiser! I remember looking at the pictures of it while I was trying to gather the courage to take the plunge.

rutbeer said:
I'd be interested in seeing any photos of some 70 series cable locking axles swapped into a 40 series. Anybody? I'm curious to see the axle width relative to the fenders and where you put the controls.

The axles are exactly the same width so the tires won't stick out any, if that is any help.

Get the controls from a LHD 70 series if you can since RHD cable lengths would be all wrong if you try to mount it between the dash and the left kick panel. BTW many LHD control parts are discontinued. Probably your best bet is to go custom.

Dave

I've been told that the 70 axles are a bit wider and the perches need to be moved in a bit.
Yeah, I know about the cables...thats' why I will probably tie them into the center console/seat frame like on the 60 series above.

True on the perches, but the ones I have seem to have the same width as 40 series axles.

Dave

rutbeer said:
I've been told that the 70 axles are a bit wider and the perches need to be moved in a bit.
Yeah, I know about the cables...thats' why I will probably tie them into the center console/seat frame like on the 60 series above.

Beanz info is interesting. If anyone has a 70 and 42 axle side by side it would be great to confirm Beanz measurements, as the general thought is the 70 housing is slighty wider. The perchs do need moving bout a 1/4" or so. The 70 inner and out shafts are identical to the 42 series.

hth's

gb

Greg_B said:
Beanz info is interesting. If anyone has a 70 and 42 axle side by side it would be great to confirm Beanz measurements, as the general thought is the 70 housing is slighty wider. The perchs do need moving bout a 1/4" or so. The 70 inner and out shafts are identical to the 42 series.

hth's

gb

I have both 70 and 84' BJ42 I will measure the purchase this weekent when I am out at the shop and report back.

Cheers,

Michael

Here's a pic of the underside of the controls.
DSC00110.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom