Anyone got a Knuckle centering SST to rent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dustin said:
just so you all know- that tool is quite a math project to get just right. I did it and it was a beatch.
You will need calipers that fit over your knuckle and measure in millimeters too- not easy to find...

1 inch = 25.4 mm :rolleyes:

Junk, you got PM.

dustin said:
You will need calipers that fit over your knuckle and measure in millimeters too- not easy to find.

The large capilpers are easy to find. You may not like the price. Here's one example of inexpensive:

http://tinyurl.com/ahbmg

Baloney on them having to be in metric. Measure in inches and multiply by 25.4 to get mm.

Not worried about the caliper - that end is done.

Yooper - got your PM - greatly appreciate it dude.

yopper- whatever... Have you used the tool? My calipers are in metric already, and I think we all know the inch to metric conversion anyway. :rolleyes:

I was talking more about getting the right preload and height set with the tool. Not brain surgery, but not a 5 min deal either.
In my area, large calipers werent easy to find on a weekend.

-Dustin

dustin said:
yopper- whatever... Have you used the tool? My calipers are in metric already, and I think we all know the inch to metric conversion anyway. :rolleyes:

Yes, I own the tool and I've used it on two separate knuckle jobs now. Very straightforward. The metric conversion was the most complicated math involved. The rest was addition and subtraction.

Whatever yourself :rolleyes: You're the one who said you need to have a caliper that reads in millimeters. :eek: I assumed this meant you were clueless. Apparently I was right. Have a nice day. :flipoff2:

yooper said:
Yes, I own the tool and I've used it on two separate knuckle jobs now. Very straightforward. The metric conversion was the most complicated math involved. The rest was addition and subtraction.

Whatever yourself :rolleyes: You're the one who said you need to have a caliper that reads in millimeters. :eek: I assumed this meant you were clueless. Apparently I was right. Have a nice day. :flipoff2:
Heck, that's what I thought too! Like, I need a metric Crestent wrench!!! :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Toyota knuckle centering tool

Medusa,

Any chance you still own your centering tool and would you be interested in renting it to some poor bastard in Arizona?

Joe Flanagan
jflanagan@cableone.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom