Anyone got a big trip planned for 2023? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is the 2nd year for me.
Virginia Beach VA to Overland Park Kansas city to visit sister, then to Denver to see my other sister then a little to the south to Stay with my daughter and grandkids for 8 weeks then off to Durango CO for a bit til I feel the need to goto Tucson AZ for 7-8 weeks to see my dad and brother, camp 4wheel then back to Centennial Co for one last short visit with my grandkids then back to Tucson for a few sporting clay events then back to Virginia beach for fishing season, come October do it all again. LC200 is a do it all ride, just turned 40K miles on my 2018. It stays parked all summer long.
IMG_6755.jpeg

This is the 2nd year for me.
Virginia Beach VA to Overland Park Kansas city to visit sister, then to Denver to see my other sister then a little to the south to Stay with my daughter and grandkids for 8 weeks then off to Durango CO for a bit til I feel the need to goto Tucson AZ for 7-8 weeks to see my dad and brother, camp 4wheel then back to Centennial Co for one last short visit with my grandkids then back to Tucson for a few sporting clay events then back to Virginia beach for fishing season, come October do it all again. LC200 is a do it all ride, just turned 40K miles on my 2018. It stays parked all summer long.View attachment 3221573

What do you drive in the summer?

Planning for a 10 day trip out to Colorado from Tennessee and a 10 day trip up to Maine from Tennessee. By the end of the summer (likely part way back from Maine), the cruiser will roll 275k miles.

Not Three months epic, but pretty excited nonetheless.

Happy Travels everyone!
216EA164-608A-4709-9759-B4AEFCAE4593.jpeg

I won't pollute the LC forum too much with them :) I promise.
Flagpole Knob - Near Dayton Va... fun little trail.. couple of epic camp sites up there, but not on this trip, we retreated to a hollow nearish the base, since it was blowing 30+ up there and it was 21 degrees at 3pm...
This trip started at a hip camp in the Vesuvius VA area, up to flagpole and surrounding trails, then the TAT to Potts Mtn area..
Right now a lot of the "Jeep" trails are closed for the season but there are others if you know where to look,

IMG_2040.JPG

I won't pollute the LC forum too much with them :) I promise.
Flagpole Knob - Near Dayton Va... fun little trail.. couple of epic camp sites up there, but not on this trip, we retreated to a hollow nearish the base, since it was blowing 30+ up there and it was 21 degrees at 3pm...
This trip started at a hip camp in the Vesuvius VA area, up to flagpole and surrounding trails, then the TAT to Potts Mtn area..
Right now a lot of the "Jeep" trails are closed for the season but there are others if you know where to look,

View attachment 3221799

Retiring it from main trip use but keeping it still I hope?! Does yours have AC?

Yes exactly... after rebuilding the distributor on the side of the road this trip, its time for it to become a weekend car and local trails.. I'll pull it to LR events but the 200 needs to take over and being able to sleep in it is a Huge plus.

No AC, it is getting a York pulley driven compressor there..since I have one on the shelf... I dunno.. maybe I will install AC, since I have most of that too. I've had it so long I have built up a huge stash of bits for it..

But going back to Soft top config in March.

Yes exactly... after rebuilding the distributor on the side of the road this trip, its time for it to become a weekend car and local trails.. I'll pull it to LR events but the 200 needs to take over and being able to sleep in it is a Huge plus.

No AC, it is getting a York pulley driven compressor there..since I have one on the shelf... I dunno.. maybe I will install AC, since I have most of that too. I've had it so long I have built up a huge stash of bits for it..

But going back to Soft top config in March.

My older brother has a D90 he is restoring, a Discovery, 2 LR3s and a Range Rover. I had 5 Landcruisers until I recenly sold my 55 and 60 series. Now I'm down to my fj40 I am restoring, my 80 and my 200. We both enjoy offroad exploration close to home and try to plan some trips each year. So I'm comfortable with your D90 pics on the cruiser forum since my trail mate is always driving a Land Rover product 😂

Our group is mixed, everyone started out with LR's but the LJ in the Pic and my 200 are moving in... Also a 70 series should make an appearance soon, and maybe a 2500 pickup..
our "Overlanding" is mostly not to technical, but sometimes....is sporty.

hoping to do about 10 or so trips in 2023.. Pushing to the west this year, into TN and beyond, but also planning the KAT and some other tracks..
so the 200 becomes even more important the further I get from home.

That’s exactly what I did. Stock I took the LX through a local Jeep badge of honor trail. Second time doing it I got a flat which was justification for wheels and 35s.

I am good with the sleeping bag I can use in the back of the LX and a borrowed Starlink for work. Have a full size spare and the trax boards, but may get a winch too. Other than that I feel good about the LX after the maintenance items are refreshed.

I wasn’t referencing gadgets as much as I was trip/route planning. Looking forward to really getting out there
Might be worth a new thread. It might get kicked to another forum since it isn't 200 specific...

I do a mix of trips - some (rarely unless traveling with a group) where there are planned out stopping/camping spots every night; some where I pick key destinations that I'd like to hit and plan day by day where I'm going to go, what route to take, and where I'm going to sleep; sometimes, I just throw some food and drink in the car and go wander. Some people are great at route planning with tools like Gaia. I'm not one of them. :) I still use paper maps and guide books in collaboration with OnX/Gaia/Dyrt, etc.

I’m heading to Fairbanks in a few weeks in the hopes of seeing the Aurora for my 50th.
And then back here to Houston after 10 days up there. So, 20 days of driving or so for 10 days of being there. But then, the drive is part of the joy.

And then a trip to Bridget Teton national forest in Wyoming in June.

Of course it’s only now that I see your post, @stonepa , about picking up your kids in Fairbanks over Christmas when it was -46!

I want to see cold… but that’s ridiculous.

Of course it’s only now that I see your post, @stonepa , about picking up your kids in Fairbanks over Christmas when it was -46!

I want to see cold… but that’s ridiculous.
When I dropped them back off we had a low of -11 so a heat wave. Now i sit in Arizona and it was 38 and raining this morning. I’ll take the cold rather than dreary desert weather.

Headed to smugglers notch VT in April, possibly new Orleans in June, wherever LCDC ends up ill certainly aim for that. We'll see what happens. Don't know if the LC is going to VT and new Orleans or the car, play that by ear.

3500 mile round trip to the Grand Canyon in March with the kids.

Same here - school vacation week here in TX, so off we go. Straightest shot is ~1050 miles each way, but wife is doing the logistics and planning, so I don't know the route yet. Whatever way we do go out, however, I'm making them all fly back, as I know they just don't have the stamina for that much time on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom