Anyone going to URE Sunday? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

little_joe

SILVER Star
Threads
Heading down w/ a friend this Sunday October 25, anyone else going to be there? My buddy has a JLU Rubicon on 37's and wants to do The D's (at least 2 of them), and was hoping to find others to ride with. I might take my 4R on Dutch John, but not on Dickey Bell or Daniel - suspension is way too sagged, the upsized tires would eat all 4 fenderwells.

We'll probably be at the Outpost by around 1030. LMK if you plan to be there / would like to meet up.

Dutch John is cake now. All the tough spots have been filled in. Hillclimb is still steep as always, but not really an issue as long as it is dry. Back of Daniel is the same way. Rutted sections have been graded. Not sure about Dickey Bell. I haven't run that one yet this season.

We will be out at URE the following weekend (Oct 30- Nov 1). If your trip happens to get pushed, let me know and we can meet up.

Dutch John is cake now. All the tough spots have been filled in. Hillclimb is still steep as always, but not really an issue as long as it is dry. Back of Daniel is the same way. Rutted sections have been graded. Not sure about Dickey Bell. I haven't run that one yet this season.

We will be out at URE the following weekend (Oct 30- Nov 1). If your trip happens to get pushed, let me know and we can meet up.

Thanks for the intel, Dave! We were out there last weekend but didn't hit the D's due to having a brand new Gladiator on 35's (with no lift, derp) and a 4-door Rubicon literally just out of the showroom - they didn't want to risk anything. And I had to leave my 4R at home due to brakes, but that's all sorted now. I talked to a few folks last weekend about Dickey Bell and they all made it, but said some of it gave them fits.

I may try to come down the following weekend as well, if I can make it I'll post up in your thread.

Thanks again!

For some reason, Dickey Bell has been named a Jeep "Badge of Honor Trail." Apparently, if you drive a Jeep and download Jeep's Badge of Honor app, you can go around to different offroad parks, do certain trails and if you provide pictorial proof that you have done them, the organization will send you a badge in the mail. The thrill of collecting Jeep "flair" has substantially increased traffic on Dickey Bell. The last couple of times I was out there, I heard stories about how crowded and backed up DB was. I just stay off that one unless it happens to be a week day. I don't need no stinkin' badges anyway. For Jeep badges, go here:

Sigh, it's like an invitation to tear it up...

We did WolfsDen, Falls, and Slabpile to Dutch John. Nothing was hard and I only had to spin wheels on the rocks at top of Dutch John. Everything just seemed easier. I did find out my brakes have air in them and the birf soup indicates I will be doing an axle job shortly.

Eh, due to the forecast for Sunday, we're actually going down there today (Saturday).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom