anyone found rattlecan paint that is close to factory color? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my passenger side front door is pretty rusty. i've found a replacement but it's red, which doesn't match the dark grey/tan two tone on my fj62.

has anyone found spray paint somewhere that matches factory colors reasonably?

i've also considered just painting it black like the tailgate and accepting the redneck tendencies i have.

You're not going to find it. Even if you did find the factory color it wouldn't match because you have 20 years of fade on yours. Go to the local auto body supply store, they can color match your paint, it's as close as you're going to get.

You're not going to find it. Even if you did find the factory color it wouldn't match because you have 20 years of fade on yours. Go to the local auto body supply store, they can color match your paint, it's as close as you're going to get.
very true

all i'm trying to get is "close"

as in once it's been covered with grime from ski trips you won't notice the difference till it gets a bath.

paintscratch is cool, ends up being more than i want to pay. i presume custom made matched cans will be the same stort.

black is looking better and better unless i can find somethign at from duplicolor or similar

all i'm trying to get is "close"

as in once it's been covered with grime from ski trips you won't notice the difference till it gets a bath.

paintscratch is cool, ends up being more than i want to pay. i presume custom made matched cans will be the same stort.

black is looking better and better unless i can find somethign at from duplicolor or similar
pull your pain code and go to napa or the dealer:cool: tell them you want this color in a spray can.

Tower Paint

There is an outfit called Tower Paint that does custom rattle cans. I bet you can find them on the internet.

I've used paintscratch.com for my Freeborn Red and have to say it's remarkable. It matches very well and nobody can really tell where I used it even though I did the entire upper back gate and both complete rockers.

It's not as durable presumably due to the catalyst used but it sure beats anything else I've found.

:cheers:

another thumbs up for paintscratch.com.

i've used their rattle cans on my two MBZs...good stuff but yes, a bit pricey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom