Anyone ever use readhead steering gear rebuild for a Toyota mini truck PS box rebuild? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1MOA

SILVER Star
Threads
Just curious if anyone has used them for a mini truck steering box rebuild.
Mine runs well but leaks from the pitman arm seal pretty good and has a slight leak from the input shaft but not bad at all. I know WTOR does the seal rebuild but figured if it was coming off and Readhead can rebuild it and make it tighter I might just go all the way.

I have not used them, but have installed several on other vehicles, mostly Ford but they do a good job. Never heard anything bad about them.

I'm retracting my endorsement. had one come back puking from the adjustment nut. Pulled it down and there was no seal. Had an upside down nylock to seal!!! Had to buy a 200 rebuild kit to get it running.
Daaaaaaaang that’s just bad. If they had left nothing I would of said ok they made a mistake and missed the seal on the rebuild.
They quoted me $536 + tax and shipping.

I should update this. I added a seal to the adjuster screw and sent it on it's way. A few days later it blew that seal as well. So I called Redhead and they sent out a return label that day to send it back so they could go back trough it. UPS then lost that box in Charlottesville. Called Redhead to see if they cold start a claim with UPS. They did and sent out another box so we wouldn't be down while waiting on UPS. I'll update again once the new box has some miles on it. I may have judged to quickly on the leaking box. The customer support has been awesome.

I should update this. I added a seal to the adjuster screw and sent it on it's way. A few days later it blew that seal as well. So I called Redhead and they sent out a return label that day to send it back so they could go back trough it. UPS then lost that box in Charlottesville. Called Redhead to see if they cold start a claim with UPS. They did and sent out another box so we wouldn't be down while waiting on UPS. I'll update again once the new box has some miles on it. I may have judged to quickly on the leaking box. The customer support has been awesome.
Keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom