Anyone ever try changing the bulbs for the window/lock switches? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve done most of the documented lighting upgrades in the center console, Hvac cluster, and instrument panel and I’m loving the results. I’m trying to get rid of as much of the green lighting as possible in favor of blue. I’d be real interested in doing the bulbs on the drivers door switches:

28192F90-6D2D-48D7-85E4-B6DC23BB53A0.jpeg

The photo looks much better than reality. These are extremely dim, the camera makes them look a lot brighter than they are.

I took the switch substantially apart yesterday, I got the plastic housing separated into several pieces without breaking anything, and got a look at the board.

That’s when I realized these are not lit from the board, there’s actually a bulb inside each little switch. So you wouldn’t need to pull the whole housing apart from below. You’d need to pry each switch out from above (minus the trim piece of course) to get inside. Wondering if anyone has attempted this? I’m not even positive the lights can be changed?

it would even better if the button are lit green because they use a green bulb making the switch to blue easy? Or are the lenses on the switches colored green?

thanks!

Never attempted it...my guess is that the green color is in the "lens" of the switch, not from the bulb itself. This may make changing it from green to blue (or whatever color you prefer) more difficult. Honestly I figured the lighting was supplied from an LED on the board. Interesting that it has a bulb. You'll have to post what you find.

Wait...there’s bulbs in those??

I have not done this, but I read a couple months ago on the UZJ100 FB group of someone who has changed them. The color is from the housing the light is in. Here is a link to the bulbs that were posted as the correct size. I think (not 100% on this) that the correct size cover is 6.5mmx4mm which is also sold at the same website. Hopefully someone else can confirm and maybe give more details.

Just for an update, I pulled mine earlier today and the LED lights on the PCB are the small square flat style PCB LED lights. In order to replace these you'll need to desolder and solder new LEDs on. Also everyone should just ignore my post above this one as it is incorrect on all counts. That's what happens when you just spew off what you saw on Facebook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom