anyone ever swap an oil pump? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

it was pretty simple... The helicoil kit was ~$70 (cheaper than the oil pump but only by $60 bucks) and had everything you need: drill bit, tap and a few coils. slow and steady won the race
Any issues with keeping the drilled hole small enough to use the same oem bolt or did you have to size up?

I bought the kit for the oem size bolt... essentially, you drill the hole out larger, then thread it. The helicoil threads into the larger threads and the internal threads work with the oem bolt.

I bought the kit for the oem size bolt... essentially, you drill the hole out larger, then thread it. The helicoil threads into the larger threads and the internal threads work with the oem bolt.
Great, thank you! I'm trying to anticipate all the potential huge problems that I could run into and this seems to be one of them. I'm also considering just replacing the pully itself and not touching the assembly.

Good luck! It was a pretty easy project and I suspect it was a previous replacement that caused the issue. The TB/WP had been replaced before (did mine at 200k miles) and my guess is that it was over torqued the first time.

I did miss getting the cam wiring harness tied up and the serpentine belt cut it but otherwise pretty painless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom