Anyone ever replace one of these? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where in the world could someone find a replacment bulb for this. It is a light bulb, not a bullet. That little sucker is small. Not a stock item at Napa or the Zone for sure. ;p Any guesses on where it goes? On a 40 folks.

Last edited:
Picture's a little fuzzy, but I'll take a guess. Is that the one that goes behind the headlight switch?

Gee, no contest! Well it was new to me. I had no idea that little bulb was back there ;p hooked up to the headlight switch. So, can it be replaced to make the word "Lights" actually light up?

OSRAM 12V 2w
3898 BA7s

The light from the bulb will carry along the clear plastic tube in the switch and the word 'light' will be visible if the cab is dark enough.

You have mail

too bad it doesn't light up the switch before it's dark out ;)

fawk , you guys have lights on your 40's ? I knew I was missin something

Your joking :eek: I will take a look tonight.

peesalot said:
fawk , you guys have lights on your 40's ? I knew I was missin something
it's on about 74 and up cruisers...you can tell cause it looks like there's a plastic cover over the word vs. the word being cut and colored in on the course rubber.

My 40 is a september 1973 vintage with the light.

Found that little bulb here at Napa. Part Number 11009. $1.99

Last edited:
Now if anyone ever asks about it, it will be easy to find in the archives.

I realize that this was a headlight switch, but the bulb inside the stock AM radio looks almost identical to this one too. Might even be the same one. Good to know that Napa has them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom