Anyone ever had this happen? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently I had my heat set to the "floor setting" while driving down a dirt road. When I tried to slide the adjustor back to "vent" a few days later it would only go about 1/2 way and then it seemed to get hung up on something. It slides over to the "defrost" setting fine, and all the other various "climate adjustors" work as they should. No matter how much I mess with it, the slider will not go back to the "vent" setting. I think something may have become dislodged, but I have no idea where to even begin looking. Has anyone had this happen to them before? and was it a simple fix??

Nope.

FJ60, Right?
The various sliders and climate stuff are all connected to vents and things by a series of cables, just like bicycle cables.
If you remove the whole black dash unit (just a bunch of screws) then you can unbolt the housing that holds all the cables and levers, from there you should be able to deduce the issue.

Good luck.

Past experienc

This didn't happen to my 60 but a Montero a years ago. After tearing the dash all apart, I found a bic pen that had fallen down the defrost duct from the dash and had lodged sideways down where the duct work all came together. This kept the "door" for the defrost from opening.

Pulled the pen out and it worked great. \

My .02

Once things dry up a bit outside, I will have to tear apart that front section of the dash and hopefully I'll be able to see what's up. Shouldn't be that bad then??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom