Anyone else use OEM bushings on OME shocks?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by hobbes, Jul 23, 2005.

1. hobbes

hobbes SILVER Star

sjcruiser mentioned in an earlier thread that he had favorable ride results by using OEM bushings on OME shocks since the rubber was softer. I'm putting a bunch of highway miles on the cruiser and have gotten a couple complaints with the current OME ride. Has anyone else tried this setup, and can you order the bushings alone if you already tossed the OEMs?

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=38771&highlight=shock+oem

2. Kazmanff

Kazmanff

You can order them individually, just give C-Dan a call, that's who I just ordered a set from, saved me about $10 a bushing.

I threw my OEM bushings out :whoops: when I installed my OME bushings. Unfortunately, they didn't provide enough caster correction so I decided to order Slee's caster plates which require OEM bushings.

3. drexx

drexx

24Jul2005 (UTC +8)

Q: Anyone else use OEM bushings on OME shocks?
    A: I do! I first learned of that trick from Mr. Slee back in y2002.

4. Bear80

Bear80

Media:
    Albums:
    Me too, kinda. I have the Edlebrock ISA shocks and they are great but alittle short...about the same length as Bilsteins(extra info). Anyway they came with rubber bushings like the stock OEMs. However a shock on my rear began to leak and I sent both rears in for replacement (Lifetime unlike the 2 year OME). The new ones now come with poly bushings like OME and WOW I could tell a big difference. So I put the old rubber bushings I kept back on and I like it this way much better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.