Anyone else sick of summer?

agomez

Frijoles

67 here with rain in the forecast which is unusual for this time of year. I’m not going to say what you’re thinking...

snobdds

Ridin Dirty
SILVER Star
It's still likes early spring here....

Some idiot got stuck up on a pass the other night in a blizzard and had to be rescued. Still snowing here in June, here is the proof...

You’re thinking Redding, but point taken.
Back in 1973 when my wife and I took a three month road trip we stopped for a few hours to visit an aunt and uncle of mine in Clovis Ca.

We had just spent a couple weeks camping around Wishon Reservoir where my uncle had been a designing engineer on the dam there.
When we was getting ready to take off and my uncle asked where we was heading next and I said Redding was our destination from the start as we had thoughts of settling there.
My uncle who has also worked on the dam at lake Shasta and spent some time there said " you don't want to live there. In the summer it gets so hot and the air doesn't move for weeks on end.

We went on to Redding and it was late June and the the lake and surrounding area was beautiful so we spent about a week there but being young we decided we was not through camping so headed over to Lassen national forest for a few days.

Never made it back to Redding but hearing of the resent fires in that area made me very sad.

Getting a whole bunch of rain, raining now, but the green makes up for it.
If there was a way to keep green leaves on the trees in winter it wouldn't be so bad.

I'll get back to you in a couple of months and let you know about summer.

snobdds

Ridin Dirty
SILVER Star
That's what Im talking about!
The funny thing was, they just spent 3 weeks snow blowing out that pass and now it's all socked in again.

I think they said this was the 3rd coldest May on record here in Wyoming. I will probably not get into my cabin until July. I long for the days of global warming...

Top Bottom