Anyone else had this bizarre electrical problem?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This applies to my '04 LC. Been chasing down some intermittent VSC TRAC / VSC OFF lights coming on and going off for no obvious reason for almost a year now. I'll spare all the boring troubleshooting details I've done (FSM, DTC codes, new battery, dealer service check, etc...) but I've gone through all the obvious checks / resets / calibrations already.

Here's my simple question.... Has anyone else noticed these lights or even a CEL coming on when using the aux charging port to charge an iPhone?

Today all was normal and not 2 mins after plugging in the charger the lights came on. Dawned on me... could this really cause this to happen?

I haven't experienced that bizarre electrical problem... but have had others. The lesson I've learned with these computer-dependent trucks is that it takes very little to get the computer pissed off - a loose or worn out gas cap (who knew you could wear out a gas cap?!) or a corroding battery terminal.

Last week, the dash on my '06 was lighting up. I was thinking O2 sensor, coil... Then I actually popped the hood and looked around. Ooof!

Saw this:
full

Did this:
full

and the computer was happy again

I haven't experienced that bizarre electrical problem... but have had others. The lesson I've learned with these computer-dependent trucks is that it takes very little to get the computer pissed off - a loose or worn out gas cap (who knew you could wear out a gas cap?!) or a corroding battery terminal.

Last week, the dash on my '06 was lighting up. I was thinking O2 sensor, coil... Then I actually popped the hood and looked around. Ooof!

Saw this:
full

Did this:
full

and the computer was happy again
Your pics don’t show up for me.

Having the same problem. YouTube says “just push in your vsc trac button until the light goes off”...mine came back on after I had the oil changed and rear brakes replaced. Checked all caps and they are good. Now for a 2 hour drive with the family in the truck!

Water entry into cabin from windshield into side panel electronics and aftermarket wiring two biggest cause of wacky lights:bang:

Can also be a wheel speed sensor on the fritz or the O2 sensors going.

I was ready to sell my truck because of electrical gremlins, no MIL's but ton's of other stuff.
The passenger sunroof drain was clogged and water was getting into one of the computers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom