Anyone do a tube bed on a 4runner? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I rolled my 4runner at SCC. I plan on grafting a pickup roof onto the it, keeping the ability to use removable tops. I'm going to exo the cab and build full tube front fenders.

I have collapsed my passenger bedside twice now. What I would like to do is remove the mangled skin and replace it with tube besides that goes into the body mounts and tie into the body to keep the 4runner one piece style. I plan to seal it up and also have a drilled flat rail for the top to mount to.

Has anyone done this that can offer pictures or tips?

Bumping this ancient thread. I too am looking for info on "bed" area removal on an 85 4Runner. Looking to replace it with a small/narrow platform. I'm not interested in doing a linked suspension (not yet anyway) so I'll want to retain the frame out to the spring hangers.

I still haven't done this. I bought an 80 series and have been working on it. Every time I see the 4Runner sitting there, I start thinking about this. I've been looking at new bodies, but I've already got the cab-forward straightended out. I think a tube bed will happen as soon as I get the 80 wrapped up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom