Anyone cut the OEM front bumper (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone cut the ends of a OEM front bumper, if so how about a pic.

I did it. I unbolted the wings then cut off the tabs with a grinder. Took about 5 minutes. I think it looks ok. I've seen others that have shortened the height of the front bumper by cutting off the bottom of the bumper too. I just wanted the wings out of the way.

IMG_8349.JPG
IMG_7439.JPG
IMG_8490.jpeg

Stock bumper cut, then reinforced with welded-on 1/4" rod bent to the contour of the cut edge. The end caps were trimmed as well, and moved inboard to match the narrower width after removing the flares.

13483301_10153843315757746_4596709235680999743_o.jpg

P1010452.JPG

I cut mine (into pieces) - was the only way to fit it into the garbage bin and have the garbo take it away - some 20 years ago...

cheers,
george.

I was having some rubbing with full stuff so I took my corners off. I was thinking about either cutting it straight or welding something on . This gives me some good ideas. Looks good.

20190224_140657.jpg

IMG_20190225_193249_047.jpg

I cut mine (into pieces) - was the only way to fit it into the garbage bin and have the garbo take it away - some 20 years ago...

cheers,
george.

You could’ve at least recycled it!!

Before I put the short bus on, cut at angle that helped with approach. Had A HF winch plate behind it with pull points through the bumper.

Any Winch mounted OEM cut bumpers out there? Like the flat ones matched to corners like Summit’s. Should be room for a synthetic rope hawse fairlead ya? Plate might show below? Winch planning for OEM bumper currently...

Can you give us the width measurement at center, and ends? How did you do the tapering/design before cut? Is there more bracing added to shore up the missing bottom attachments? Got a write up?

No measurements available at this time. Truck is out of town right now. Here's what I did:
Find some 1/4" orange masking tape. Use it or some white pinstriping tape to layout what looks best for you. Once you have it the way you want it, cut it with a 4 1/2" grinder with a cut off wheel. No extra bracing needed. As I recall there were some bracing removed or cut off on the ends though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom