Anyone cut that useless piece of body off? (rear quarter departure) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched but I cannot find any pictures. I am thinking of cutting it off and doing an abbreviated bumper in the back. High and tight. Just wondering if anyone has done this and if they had any pics to share? I did it on a 3rd gen 4runner and thought it looked great and added tons of departure, but I am not as keen to cutting on the LC as I dont want to get rid of this one.......ever!

Thanks

Jason

Take a look at the 4x4Labs rear bumpers. You gain a lot of departure angle and don't have to mess with the body at all. Some cutting of the frame and rear crossmember is involved but it's easy.

Yeah I have more skill than money right now. (Thats not saying much) I was thinking more along the lines of what @kirk did but not so much blending of the bumper and body. More of a jeep type bumper and shaved body. I REALLY like what @kirk did but my skills may not translate quite as well.

It's been done for over a decade. I plan on doing it shortly, following the green line:

MTwHZ9nh.jpg

sHoNjdDh.jpg

To look like this:

IMG_1077.jpg~original

IMG_1083.jpg~original

I was looking more for a simple bumper. I understand that it's been done I guess I should have been a bit more clear . Yes I am planning on cutting at the same place as you have drawn and the other is done. I am thinking of a very small tight bumper. Somewhat like the warn jeep bumpers as far as simplicity but to make it look ok on the LC and not like a jeep bumper on a LC.

Here is where mine sits. I plan on cutting off about 4 more inches when I get some shop space. I don't see any real need to cut off the bottom of the quarter panel. I don't think the overhang is quite as extreme as the 60 series.

Kirks bumper in the link above is insanely sweet, but a little above and beyond what I want to get into. I think you could get it almost as "high and tight" without getting into the body mount.

IMG_0156.JPG
IMG_0175.JPG

Did you look at the two links above?

Kirk and nay both did this several years ago. And the pic of cattywampus above shows a finished product as well. Not sure what else you are looking for

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom