Anyone consider these headlights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
You know those are truely HID. I would imagine quality isnt very high. Alot of people are really happy with IPF, Cibie, or Hella. Not sure if they make them in that size but worth checking

only problem i could see is if you dunk them on a stream crossing. I like the sealed beams only becuase they are "water proof". but i don't drive the cruiser at night so don't listen to me.

cabron said:
You know those are truely HID. I would imagine quality isnt very high. Alot of people are really happy with IPF, Cibie, or Hella. Not sure if they make them in that size but worth checking

Those are not True HID. True HID have a ballast. Those are the cheap HID rip off's. Those do look really cheap!

Get some of the upgraded sealed beams. Silverstar or something similar. I picked up a set at Advance Auto. (another brand) and put them in my low beam. It was a huge difference. I plan on doing the high beams when one burns out. (just using the $ other places for now.)

I know that kit isn't real hid, but the bulbs you can use in it are much brighter than the sealed beams you can buy. I wasn't suggesting using the blue fake bulbs that come with the kit, but using some nicer bulbs or maybe even getting a hid retrofit kit to use with that headlight housing which would produce significant amounts of more light than stock at only 35 watts.

why spend that money if you are only using the housing

If you're gonna use just the housing then get one with a good beam pattern cut into the lense. Like others have mentioned, IPF, Cibe or Hella have far better lenses for not a lot more cash. Just "brighter" isn't everything; brighter where you need it is far more important IMHO. Then upgrade the wiring harness to take advantage of the better lights.

Nick

The Silverstars are brighter than stock for sure, but I have a problem with them. I had a set in my FJ55 and a set of the bulbs in the wife's 4Runner. Both of the bulbs in the 55 burned out in less than a year, and one bulbs in the 4Runner burned out in 6 mos, the other in 8 mos. (and no, I didnt get oily fingerprints on them)

I dont think paying double for bulbs that are brighter but burn out sooner is too wise.

Hodag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom