Anyone Camping during Curfew? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Health Care provider here, but according to order you could be out shopping or going to eat as well. I feel pretty good about hiking nowđź‘Ť

Health Care provider here, but according to order you could be out shopping or going to eat as well. I feel pretty good about hiking nowđź‘Ť

Do you hike before 5am or after 8pm? I don’t but I guess some people could be starting early or finishing. Either way there is no way a hiker would be in trouble. They are trying to stop riots.

My take is the curfew is intended as a tool for law enforcement to control rioting - not protesting or normal activities.

Since there is a legal right to assembly and free travel (under normal times), a violation of curfew is all that is needed to enable arrests to be made if necessary.

If protesters go home after an event, there won't be any problems.

If you intend to riot after the curfew starts then y'all need to go to jail.

Here is the verbiage I have from a lawyer that deciphered the legal mumbo jumbo:

Governor Ducey has imposed a week long, statewide curfew. He issued a declaration of emergency May 31. The curfew lasts from 8pm - 5am and is effective for one week.

During the curfew people are not allowed to be on any public street or in any public place unless they are

• law enforcement, firefighters, paramedics or other medical personnel

• National Guard or any other emergency response personnel

• credentialed members of the media

• traveling directly to and from work

• attending religious services

• commercial trucking and delivery services

• obtaining food

• caring for a family member, friend, or animal

• patronizing or operating private businesses

• seeking medical care or fleeing dangerous circumstances

Anybody caught defying the curfew could face up to six months in jail and a $2500.00 fine.

Full disclosure: I have not taken the time to learn how to do fancy one-by-one post quote replies. That's mostly because I'm a troglodyte who uses a potato for a computer. (not really, but I had to use those nouns tonight, according to my vocabulary booster app)

Line-by-line, while camping:

• law enforcement, firefighters, paramedics or other medical personnel: you're out in the woods, it gets dark, camp is set up, you are enjoying the gentle glow of your LEDs because fire is probably a no-no. Suddenly, an unexpected noise in the dark. Behind you, no less. Regardless of whether the noise was real or you just imagined it, you are suddenly, possibly, any one of the aforementioned within the domain of your campsite.
  • National Guard or any other emergency response personnel: similar to the above, but with the nuance of finding a place to set your beer, getting up from the too-low camping chair, and inspecting your immediate environs with a flashlight beam, or by huffing and puffing assertive sounds and gestures (as you scramble to find the damn flashlight).
  • credentialed members of the media: nobody delivers the Journal to camp in the morning, and none of the magical woodland creatures are named Gutenberg (as far as you can defensibly tell, anyway), so you've just been promoted to editor-in-chief of the [insert your camp name here] Times/Journal/Courier/Daily Star. You have a sharpie in the truck, make yourself a credential. Done.
  • traveling directly to and from work: we go camping because 99% of camping activities can arguably be positioned as 'work,' so unless you are dutifully sheltering in place (i.e., big, fresh-air nap), you are 'going to' or 'coming from' work around camp.
  • attending religious services: Not unlike the work section, the woods (and outdoors generally) have defensibly and credibly been described by many authoritative sources as church or church-like. The drive to camp is the pilgrimage. The trail damage is penance. Game, set, and match on this one.
  • commercial trucking and delivery services: CDLs are a real thing, and nobody brought Photoshop and the lamination machine this time, so let's stick to delivery. This is pretty basic. If you have a healthy truck-bloat condition, you know you have many things that are arguably 'being delivered' to camp for myriad unlikely, but certainly somehow possible eventualities.
  • obtaining food: You're wandering around outdoors. Nobody can technically fault you for at least trying to catch one of those famous Northern Arizona manatees for a hearty stew. Even if you don't have a valid 2020 manatee tag, you could still be on the hunt for javelia. (disclaimer: I am not an experienced hunter, so look this one up. I don't think they take kindly to poachers...anywhere.)
  • caring for a family member, friend, or animal: Don't camp alone. If you're not related to or not friends with your camp mate, pretend. Just during the interrogation.
  • patronizing or operating private businesses: Either be ready to sell one of your beloved truck-bloat inventory items, or make sure that you (or your friend from the point above) can lay down the patronizing tone real good.
  • seeking medical care or fleeing dangerous circumstances: The 'rona, the unrest, the chemicals inside this building which are known to the state of California to cause cancer; there should be no question that the act of having gone camping is very much 'fleeing' any number of 'dangerous situations.' Pick a couple of good ones.
Hope y'all have a good time with the twitter that just whistles through the branches.

Saturday is free fishing day. Fish is food. Me fishing for fishes = obtaining food. Camping is my cure for mental wellness so...I'm seeking medical care?

And so it begins.

I did and it was fantastic, saw maybe 5 people all day once on the trail. Really sucked not having a fire, but seeing the bighorn fire on the way up shows how important the fire ban is.
20200606_160229.jpg

20200606_160551.jpg

20200607_093812.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom