Anybody used the POR-15 fuel tank repair kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at my options for fixing some surface rust on the inside of my tank. I like the POR-15 kit that has a sealer in it, but I'm not sure how well it would work in a 60 tank. My main concern is the "box" that the fuel pickup sets in, and whether the sealer would end up clogging that little piece of hard line. If any of you have tried the POR-15 sealer in your tank and can report the results I would appreciate it.

I had one that was real bad, took it to a radiator shop and they boiled it out took them almost a week it was so bad came out pretty clean though

It's not particularly bad. I just want to get rid of the rust and keep it from coming back.

Can't tell you about using it on the 60, but I did use the Por 15 sealer kit on my 40's stock fuel tank. Did this in 1999 and haven't had a single issue.

I'm big on Por 15 products.

John

I used it on a couple of old jerry cans. The stuff works great! It didn't clog the pressure equalizing tube that runs on the inside top of the can to give a faster pour, and it's less than 1/4 inch wide, so your line shouldn't be too bad off.

Take it to a rad shop or engine machine shop first and have it dipped. Best cleaning it will recieve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom