Anybody try the El-Cheap-o interior LED panels from eBay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just ordered 6 of these dome/cargo LED light panels from fleaBay and I'm curious if anybody has ordered from overseas. I know there's vehicle-specific kits but they cost 400% more and appear to be identical.

How's the quality on these? I've read that these LED panels will eventually fail but I guess for the price you can't go wrong!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-SMD-Whit...r_Lighting&hash=item2ebba69094#ht_2844wt_1163

I bought 3 very similar to those on Amazon for about $3 each. Should be here this week and I will try them out.

Nice. Didn't even think about checking on Amazon, just found them for about $4 shipped. Not bad at all. Let us know how they work out :)

IMAG0385.jpg

IMAG0386.jpg

IMAG0387.jpg

IMAG0388.jpg

Here are a few pics of my led dome panels installed. These are 36 led panels from Amazon with dome adapters. They are bright and decent quality, but are made in China so I am not expecting long life. But they were cheap, around $11 shipped. I also installed one of these in the front map light, but it was off in the pic.

How its your map light bulb I mean the stock one coz mine its kinda reverse bulb but just smaller

Sent from my GT-N7000 using IH8MUD

Got them installed along with my new reverse and license plate lights. Let's see how long they last. I'm loving the brightness. It's ridiculous how dim the interior lighting is from the factory on these things.

7828932412_d5b6889b70_h.jpg

i bet these are the same as pfran leds

I have them in all interior lights. Cheap ebay ones. I like them. Havent had one fail yet. I put a small one in the main light though since it was like a ball park getting in every time.

i bet these are the same as pfran leds

LEDs vary widely in brightness. These might be the same, or they might be dimmer. But for the price, just use two!

I got some 36 and 48 led warm white panels from ebay vendors and fiddled with them tonight. I found that the cheap 48 led from Dreammaceys (probably the same vendor as initially linked) fits neatly in the map light, and i can probably fit two of them in the rear domes.

It's not yet dark enough here for me to determine how bright they are. Warm white are necessarily going to be dimmer or at least perceived as dimmer than the more blueish white variety. Basically, these are blue LED emitters with phosphor in front of them. The warm white phosphor isn't as bright. But that's how white LEDs work.

At $2.66 each i may buy a bunch more and try wiring two into each of the rear dome lights.

But this is not to say that big arrays of many LEDs are the best way to go. If you wanted to go more spendy, there are small devices with just a few high power emitters, which usually have a big heatsink on the back. On the other hand. that single point of emission may be piercingly bright.

these panels are certainly a big upgrade from the mood lighting Mr. T installed.

Edit: It's dark now. One panel of 48 is more than bright enough. An argument could be made for using a lesser lighting solution in the map light, because it's SO CLOSE TO YOUR EYES. But i still may wire two 36's together for my upcoming lift gate light.

Last edited:
I just got some from Amazon last week and they work great.

NEEWER® T10 36 SMD LED Light Festoon Dome Bulb Lamp White 12V

$2.51 ea plus $.50 shipping.

These might be the same, or they might be dimmer.

I don't see how you could run anything brighter than these eBay panels, they are stupid bright!

2 months later and they're still holding up great. Made all my buddies jealous at the campsite. Best $10 I ever spent!

I also ordered from eBay. Have had them in for a little over two months and they are great. Reverse lights were the best bang for the buck I've done outside of the cheap fan clutch mod. I have the T-10 in the doors, did the map light, front overhead, vanity, and glove box.

I used this to search on eBay:
7W Cree 1156
LED 48 (or 20, however many you want) smd 5050

I also ordered from eBay. Have had them in for a little over two months and they are great. Reverse lights were the best bang for the buck I've done outside of the cheap fan clutch mod. I have the T-10 in the doors, did the map light, front overhead, vanity, and glove box.

I used this to search on eBay:
7W Cree 1156
LED 48 (or 20, however many you want) smd 5050
Which T-10 did you order for the doors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom