Anybody try Round Eyes headlights? Any good? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

they're usually $109/pair. if we can get 10 or more people together then i know i can do better than that. i'd say $95-100 per pair.

hth

georg @ valley hybrids

sorry about the hi-jack.......:rolleyes:
Georg - i'd be willing to do a comparison since i have the camera, an IPF, and a Cibie headlight to shoot side by side comparisons. Would be cool to see what difference there is between the three. I don't need a pair - just one to compare. More than willing to give ya a deposit for safekeeping - i'm slow but thorough. Just a thought - feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat. I'd really like to see how they stack up against lenses 2-3x the cost. Hopefully i won't need a set for quite a while but always good to know.

Georg - i'd be willing to do a comparison since i have the camera, an IPF, and a Cibie headlight to shoot side by side comparisons. Would be cool to see what difference there is between the three. I don't need a pair - just one to compare. More than willing to give ya a deposit for safekeeping - i'm slow but thorough. Just a thought - feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat. I'd really like to see how they stack up against lenses 2-3x the cost. Hopefully i won't need a set for quite a while but always good to know.

i'll be happy to send you a set to compare. just send them back when you're done. pm me your addy and i'll make it happen.

hth

georg @ valley hybrids

very cool. Sent you a PM Georg.

Sorry for the thread jack - i'll get these compared pretty quickly when i get them and start a new thread.

Rob, maybe post it up as a follow up to Erik's headlight bake off thread that he did for the 62 bulbs. Just a thought...

Sorry sl33py-

I am out of town and away from my cruiser for the rest of the week (have been since sunday PM), so i was not and wont be able to shoot a pic of the RE pattern as I told you I would...

But it looks like you are fixin to do a right nice comparison for everyones benefit- It will be good to have a consistnet power supply and camera for the comparrison.

Are you going to use the same bulbs in each housing? If you are going to have two RE's you could also do a comparison with a differnent bulb in each one...

swamp60

Sorry sl33py-

I am out of town and away from my cruiser for the rest of the week (have been since sunday PM), so i was not and wont be able to shoot a pic of the RE pattern as I told you I would...

But it looks like you are fixin to do a right nice comparison for everyones benefit- It will be good to have a consistnet power supply and camera for the comparrison.

Are you going to use the same bulbs in each housing? If you are going to have two RE's you could also do a comparison with a differnent bulb in each one...

swamp60

No worries - life happens.

Yeah i'm excited to do a comparison of them side by side.

My thoughts are this:

• My tripod so location doesn't move - should give a nice consistent POV to compare.

• Manual settings - (geeking out photography wise here sorry) - Same ISO, Aperture, Exposure, and Lens. I have some really fast glass, but likely will just one of my 2.8 zooms for ability frame it "just so".

• Standard Bulb and Truck - likely going to use some inexpensive Sylvania h4 60/55w bulbs. Nothing fancy - nothing high power. Partly due to cost of buying hi output bulbs - and to be consistent across all Headlight lenses. Standard wiring, so honestly your likely going to have something else and eek out a bit more power than what mine will show.

I may run side by side lenses (one Cibie, One RE) or RE / stock sealed (L and R), then Cibie / Stock (again L R) followed by IPF / stock. Scrolling down, with everything aligned it should clearly show delta in patterns, one set Low, one set Highs. Then maybe low and high sets of RE/Cibie, RE/IPF?

Lots of pics... But that's ok and half the fun for me.

The easy part is the pattern against a wall... I'm tempted to find a spot to also do a "down the road" shot of each... that's a bit harder to be the same between pics, and with my busy area (Seattle) - a place where i can do it without blocking traffic...

I'll hunt around and see what i can figure out. The pattern low/hi should be great to see either way.

Sound good - any suggestions?

I can hardly wait

i have sold more than ten sets in the last few months and everybody has been very happy with the results. about to install one of SLCs harnesses on one of the cruisers with the roundeyes. i bet they'll be even better then.

hth

georg @ valley hybrids

I bought a set and I am waiting for the SLC's Ultimate harness with the Bussman weather tight enclosure. From what I've read the harness really make the lights pop. I was amazed at the ease of installation. I was literally like replacing a sealed beam lamp. They look great too. There is a big difference from the sealed beam lighting much brighter and the pattern is also better. Get them get the harness and have Goerg do the install his wiring work is clean.

George, I too have interest in a group buy.

minor, but a threadjack... has anyone heard of hiR bulbs, and tried them?

it smells like snake oil to me, but the explanation seems much more plausible than the faux HID tinted bulbs out there

I received slc's wiring harness and it is a work of art.

blackmagicbudbuilt001.jpg

I also went with the cibies from stern and the osram bulbs. I was going to go w the RE's but read too many complaints having to do w pitting. The cibies have a glass lens so it wont be a problem. Have yet to install but Im sure Ill be impressed. Come on spring!

D

minor, but a threadjack... has anyone heard of hiR bulbs, and tried them?

it smells like snake oil to me, but the explanation seems much more plausible than the faux HID tinted bulbs out there

Probably won't work unless you have 9005 bulb setup in your truck. All the Round Eyes / Hella / IPF/ Cibie lenses use H4 bulbs. Didn't see a H4 option for these "HIR" bulbs.

If they did have a H4 bulb available - at the cost they show it would be worth a try!

I love my Round Eyes, even after a head on accident at 55 mph. :bang::bang::bang: As you can see below they did not even get a real scratch, however the rest of the truck is being rebuilt now.
101_1474.jpg

pics of roundeyes light beam from abotu 6 foot from a brick wall..different wall on last pic. Flash went off, so don't know if thats helpful
DSC00535.jpg
DSC00536.jpg
DSC00537.jpg

slcfj62 on here.

WagonGear Guild: Wired Wagon LLC Erik Johnson erik@wagongear.com

i have 4 of his harnesses coming in. great product!!!!!

georg @ valley hybrids

+1, his harness is well worth the money. He even gives you the schematic on his web site (above) if you want to build your own, but why bother when the one he makes for you is such a work of art.

Installed my Wired Wagon harness and Roundeyes just the other day; no night pictures yet.

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

Plug and play. Have been running them now for a year or two. Like um...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom